From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up prelude in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A Prelude (music) is a musical form.
Prelude may also refer to:
- Chorale prelude, short liturgical composition for organ using a chorale as its basis
- Prelude (band), an English based folk band
- Prelude (Jack McDuff album), 1963 album by jazz organist Brother Jack McDuff
- Prelude (The Moody Blues album), 1987 album by The Moody Blues
- Prelude (Deodato album), 1973 album by Eumir Deodato
- Preludes: Rare and Unreleased Recordings, an album by Warren Zevon
- Prelude (Pete Townshend song), 1982
- Prelude Records (record label), a former New York-based dance independent record label
- Prelude Records (shop), a specialist classical music CD shop in Norwich, England
'Prelude' is a very common term as a title of a musical piece, both classical and popular. Some specific preludes are:
- Preludes (Chopin), a set of 24 piano pieces by Frédéric Chopin, written between 1835 and 1839
- Preludes (Debussy), two books of piano pieces by Claude Debussy written between 1909 and 1913
- Prélude à l'après-midi d'un faune, a popular orchestral piece by Debussy
- Preludes (Kabalevsky), a set of 24 piano pieces, each based in a folk song
- Prelude in C-sharp minor (Rachmaninoff), an 1892 piano work by Sergei Rachmaninoff
- The Prelude, an epic poem by William Wordsworth
- "Preludes" (poem), a poem by T. S. Eliot
- "Prelude" (short story), a short story by New Zealand author Katherine Mansfield
- Prelude to Foundation, 1988 novel in Isaac Asimov's Foundation series
- Preludes, a series of novels comprising two trilogies set in the Dragonlance world.
- Honda Prelude, an automobile manufactured by Honda
- "Prelude", 1952 episode of the Hallmark Hall of Fame based on the relationship between George Sand and Frédéric Chopin
- Sheaffer Prelude, a series of fountain pens, ballpoints and rollerball pens made by the Sheaffer Pen company
- Prelude-IDS, open source SIEM
- The Haskell Prelude, a standard module imported by default into Haskell programs
- The Rust Prelude, a similar module for Rust programs
- Prelude (Alias episode)
- Prelude FLNG, Shell's project of floating liquefied natural gas; the world's largest ship.
- The preludes, the very first series of videos released on YouTube by Swedish band iamamiwhoami
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Prelude.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.