(Redirected from Prelude (album))Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up prelude in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A Prelude (music) is a musical form.
Prelude may also refer to:
- Chorale prelude, short liturgical composition for organ using a chorale as its basis
- Prelude (band), an English-based folk band
- Prelude (Jack McDuff album), 1963 album by jazz organist Brother Jack McDuff
- Prelude (The Moody Blues album), 1987 album by The Moody Blues
- Prelude (Deodato album), 1973 album by Eumir Deodato
- Preludes: Rare and Unreleased Recordings, an album by Warren Zevon
- Prelude (Pete Townshend song), 1982
- Prelude (EP), 2017 EP by April
- Prelude Records (record label), a former New York-based dance independent record label
- Prelude Records (shop), a specialist classical music CD shop in Norwich, England
'Prelude' is a very common term as a title of a musical piece, both classical and popular. Some specific preludes are:
- Preludes (Chopin), a set of 24 piano pieces by Frédéric Chopin, written between 1835 and 1839
- Préludes (Debussy), two books of piano pieces by Claude Debussy written between 1909 and 1913
- Prélude à l'après-midi d'un faune, a popular orchestral piece by Debussy
- Preludes (Kabalevsky), a set of 24 piano pieces, each based in a folk song
- Prelude in C-sharp minor (Rachmaninoff), an 1892 piano work by Sergei Rachmaninoff
- Preludes (musical), 2015 musical by Dave Malloy
- Les préludes, a symphonic poem by Franz Liszt
- The Prelude, an epic poem by William Wordsworth
- "Preludes" (poem), a poem by T. S. Eliot
- "Prelude" (short story), a short story by New Zealand author Katherine Mansfield
- Prelude to Foundation, 1988 novel in Isaac Asimov's Foundation series
- Preludes, a series of novels comprising two trilogies set in the Dragonlance world.
- Honda Prelude, an automobile manufactured by Honda
- "Prelude", 1952 episode of the Hallmark Hall of Fame based on the relationship between George Sand and Frédéric Chopin
- Sheaffer Prelude, a series of fountain pens, ballpoints and rollerball pens made by the Sheaffer Pen company
- Prelude-IDS, open source SIEM
- The Haskell Prelude, a standard module imported by default into Haskell programs
- The Rust Prelude, a similar module for Rust programs
- "Prelude" (Alias episode)
- Prelude FLNG, Shell's project of floating liquefied natural gas; the world's largest ship.
- The preludes, the very first series of videos released on YouTube by Swedish band iamamiwhoami
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Prelude.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.