Prem Das ( Paul C. Adams) is a former associate professor at Antioch College (West), the California Institute of Integral Studies, and JFK University. He is drummer, and was known in the early New Age movement.
Prem Das lived with the Native American Huichol people of Mexico, and apprenticed to elder shaman Don Jose' Matsuwa. He studied yoga in India with Baba Hari Dass (author of five books including Silence Speaks). He has given workshops at Esalen Institute on shamanism and Huichol culture; presented with Don Jose', recorded for New Dimensions and Big Sur Tapes.
He co-facilitated workshops and recorded the audio interview Shamanic Pathways with anthropologist Joan Halifax. Prem Das performed a well-received New Age meditation tape called Journey of the Drums with Muruga Booker  and Shakti featuring Prem Das on water drum, Muruga on Nada Drum, and Shakti on deer-hoof shakers. It was used for one of the earliest Mind-Machine recordings, developed by Andrzej Slawinski of AudioStrobe Labs in Germany.
- Shamanic Pathways by Joan Halifax and Prem Das (1992) ISBN 99938-53-55-0
- Skylight of the Mind (2005) article 
- When the Impossible Happens: Adventures in Non-Ordinary Reality by Stanislav Grof (2005) Sounds True, Incorporated ISBN 159179420X, ISBN 978-1591794202
- A Guide To Luminous Places: Exploring Inner and Outer Luminosity (2017) by Paul C Adams (Prem Das), Amazon.com/books ISBN 1520857616
- Huichol Cosmology: The Story of Creation and The Return to the Gods - Prem Das (1977) Esalen (Two Audio Cassette Set)
- The Singing Earth - Prem Das (1980) Esalen (Audio Cassette)
- Journey of the Drums - Prem Das, Muruga Booker and Shakti (1990) Musart (Audio Cassette)
- Shamanic Pathways by Joan Halifax and Prem Das (December 1992) New Dimensions Radio ISBN 99938-53-55-0, ISBN 978-99938-53-55-8 (Audio Cassette)
- Journey of the Drums Audiostrobe CD - Prem Das, Muruga Booker and Shakti (1996) (developed by Andrzej Slawinski of AudioStrobe Labs in Germany)
- Journey of the Drums - Prem Das, Muruga Booker and Shakti (1996) Musart (CD)
- Carlos Castaneda, Academic Opportunism and the Psychedelic Sixties by Jay Courtney Kikes (1993) Victoria, BC: Millenia Press ISBN 0-9696960-0-0 
- Wirikuta Calling: Peyote by Leo Mercado (June 26, 2000) 
- Technoshamanism: Cyber-Sorcery and Schizophrenia by Dave Green, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, University of the West of England, Bristol, UK Center for Studies on New Religions
- The Elements of Shamanism by Nevill Drury (1989) Element (republished in 2000 by Element as New Perspectives: Shamanism)
- The Shaman's Mirror: Visionary Art of the Huichol by Hope Maclean (December 15, 2011) University of Texas Press ISBN 029272876X, ISBN 978-0292728769
- Art of the Huichol Indians by Lowell John Bean and Kathleen Berrin (1978) University of Michigan / Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco ISBN 081092160X, ISBN 9780810921603
- American Indian Art Magazine (Winter 1979) American Indian Art, Inc / University of Wisconsin - Madison
- Trance-Gression: TechnoShamanism, Conservatism and Pagan Politics by David Green (2010) University of the West of England, Bristol, UK. 
- Prem Das (Paul C Adams) website: luminous-places.com