Prem Mandir Vrindavan
|Prem Mandir ( The Temple of Divine Love)|
|Proper name||Prem Mandir|
|Devanagari||प्रेम मंदिर, वृंदावन|
|Elevation||169.77 m (557 ft)|
|Primary deity||Sita Rama and Radha Krishna|
|Important festivals||Janmashtami, Radhastami|
|Architectural styles||Rajasthani Somnath Gujarati architecture|
|History and governance|
|Date built||17 February 2012|
The complex is on a 54-acre site on the outskirts of Vrindavan, and is dedicated to Radha Krishna and Sita Ram. The temple structure was established by the fifth Jagadguru, Kripalu Maharaj. Figures of Shri Krishna and his followers depicting important events surrounding the Lord's existence cover the main temple.
Construction began in January 2001 and the inauguration ceremony took place from 15 February to 17 February 2012. The temple was opened to public on 17 February. The cost was 150 crore rupees ($23 million). The presiding deity are Shri Radha Govind (Radha Krishna) and Shri Sita Ram. A 73,000 square feet, pillar-less, dome shaped satsang hall is being constructed next to Prem Mandir, which will accommodate 25,000 people at a time.
History. architecture, and design
The foundation stone was laid by Kripalu Maharaj in the presence of thousand devotees on 14 January 2001. It took 1000 artists about 12 years to build the complex.
The Vrindavan site was developed by Kripalu Maharaj, whose main ashram was at Vrindavan. He dedicated the gift of love to Shri Vrindavan Dham.
Prem Mandir is constructed entirely of Italian marble. The total dimensions of the temple including its flag is 125 ft. high, 190 ft. long and the 128 ft. wide raised platform serves as the seat of the two-storeyed white monument.
A circumambulation route has been constructed on the mandir prangan, the platform of the temple, enabling visitors to view the 48 panels depicting the pastimes of Shri Radha Krishna which are carved on the outer walls of the temple. The walls are made of solid Italian marble, 3.25 ft. thick. The thickness of the walls of the garbha-griha is 8 ft to bear the weight of huge shikhar, swarna Kalash and the Flag. 84 panels set up on the temple's exterior display the pastimes of Shri Krishna depicted on Shrimad Bhagvatam.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Prem Mandir Vrindavan.|
- Vrindavan Chandrodaya Mandir
- Vrindavan Chandrodaya Mandir
- Banke Bihari Temple
- Radha Raman Temple
- Krishna Balaram Mandir
- Bhakti Mandir
- Famous Krishna Temples in India : Prem Mandir
- Kripaluji Maharaj's Prem Mandir will be inaugurated on 17 February-Aaj Ki Khabar
- 1000 कारीगरों ने 11 साल में बनाया 'प्रेम मंदिर'!. [Dainik Bhaskar]. Retrieved 6 April 2014
- Prem Mandir Inauguration (Vrindavan) | Jagadguru Kripaluji Yog
- Dream Of "एक झोंपड़ी हो कृष्ण के बृज में" Now Becomes A Reality
- ब्रज का आकर्षण प्रेम मंदिर. [Dainik Jagran]. Retrieved 6 April 2014
- Sahara Samay Kripaluji Maharaj's 'Prem Mandir' inauguration on Friday FEBRUARY 13, 2012 "The much long awaited temple of Kripaluji Maharaj's 'Prem Mandir' will be inaugurated on Friday 16th for public in Vrindaban district of Uttar Pradesh."