|Headquarters||Palo Alto, California|
|Arun Apte (CEO)|
PREMIER Biosoft (PB) is a California, United States based bioinformatics company. The company specializes in developing software for use in life science research. In addition to developing software products, the company offers consultancy for bioinformatics projects.
PREMIER Biosoft, established in 1994, is one of the earliest bioinformatics company, founded by Arun Apte and Kay Brown with a mission to serve the life science research labs all over the world. The mission statement for PB reads as follows: “Accelerating Research in Life Sciences”. The company serves research labs, pharmaceuticals, core facilities and biotechnology companies with its products. The company's first product, Primer Premier, was authored over 17 years ago, for designing PCR assays.
Products and services
In response to the increasing prevalence of real time PCR, Premier Biosoft authored Beacon Designer™, supporting the most popular real time PCR chemistries. The company later came out with a pathogen detection system called AlleleID® with support for real time PCR and microarray probe design for designing cross species, species specific, intron-exon spanning assays and splice variant microarrays.
The company has ventured into proteomics, glycomics and lipidomics research with the launch of Xpression Primer (tagged primer design tool), SimGlycan® (MS/MS data analysis tool) and SimLipid (lipid characterization tool). The company's latest offerings, MALDIVision for MALDI IMS, analyzes and visualizes ion distribution in tissues and PrimerPlex for xMAP, designs oligos for multiplex systems.
The company also provides a Web service called Netprimer.
- PREMIER Biosoft Homepage
- Bio-IT alliance page
- PREMIER Biosoft and AB SCIEX Collaborate to Advance Research in Lipidomics
- Thermo Fisher Scientific and PREMIER Biosoft to co-market SimGlycan software
- PREMIER Biosoft Delivers Sigma-Aldrich Version 2.0 of OligoArchitect™ Online
- Waters Corporation and PREMIER Biosoft Announce Collaboration for Advancing Lipidomics Research
- PREMIER Biosoft delivers OligoArchitect™ to Sigma Aldrich
- PREMIER Biosoft and Waters Collaborate to Deliver MS Data Analysis Solutions
- Nature- Glycobiology: A spoonful of sugar