Premier Dead Sea
Dead Sea Premier Cosmetics Laboratories (Hebrew: פרמייר מעבדות ים המלח) is an Israeli cosmetics and skincare company that manufactures its products using mineral components extracted from the Dead Sea. It was founded in 1990 and is part of Hadan Group, which has been specializing in cosmetics since 1979.
In 1990, a group of Russian researchers studied the effects of space travel on astronauts. Part of their clinical research was to address the effects of sagging skin, which resulted in developing Premier’s first products. In the same year Premier's Center for Research was established together with its current owners, and five skincare products were developed. In 1994, Premier’s first products received awards in the cosmetic field in Europe. In 1997, Premier launched its own skincare line in Israel and later abroad. By 1999, Premier Cosmetics held the largest share of cosmetics exports from Israel to Japan, and is currently one of the biggest cosmetics exporter from Israel.
Current skincare products
Premier’s skincare products are based on Dead Sea mud, which is believed to have benefits for deep cleansing and stimulation of the skin, combined with Dead Sea water and minerals, that are said to improve the metabolism, stimulate blood circulation and aid in the natural repair of cells.
Premier's skincare ranges include: First skincare line produced by the company, which includes bestselling products such as the award-winning Miracle Noir Mask. “Biox” skincare (2007), described as a non-surgical and affordable alternative to cosmetic procedures. “Ageless Future” skincare (2008) which is described as a cosmetic line which revives cellular metabolism. “Quartz Gem” skincare (2012), an anti-aging products enriched with Rose Quartz powder. In 2013, this line won the “Cosmopolitan Best of the Best” award. “Supreme” skincare(2013), a high-end anti-aging range aimed for the luxury market.
Signing Mariah Carey as company face
Dead Sea Premier Cosmetics Laboratories has received different awards over the years: GCI Magazine Award (2004), HBA International Award (2004, 2005, 2007, 2008), The Council for a Beautiful Israel (2012, 2013), Centrum Kosmetyki, Israel Cosmetics Industries Association and the Cosmetics Business Innovation Award (2013).
Although Dead Sea Premier Cosmetics' laboratories and suppliers operate within Israel's undisputed territories, the company has become a target for boycott-of-Israel campaigns, particularly in the United Kingdom and Ireland. Most economic boycotts against Israel target businesses running from within the disputed occupied territories, but some[which?] campaigners do not always distinguish between the two regions.
The tactics of Dead Sea products (Although not Premier Dead Sea products) sales staff have come under fire as overly aggressive. In 2014, LynnMall in Auckland in New Zealand evicted a Dead Sea products kiosk after its staff bullied an 82-year-old woman into buying $5,000 worth of cosmetics. Another similar problem happened when a man with short-term memory loss was tricked into spending more than $13,000 on Dead Sea Spa cosmetics at Sylvia Park. 
- "היקף המכירות של יצרני הקוסמטיקה: מיליארד דולר - עושים עסק". TheMarker. 2013-03-19. Retrieved 2013-11-24.
- "Israel - Mineral Magic". Cosmeticsbusiness.com. 2010-03-20. Retrieved 2013-11-24.
- Portugal-Cohen, M.; Soroka, Y.; Ma'Or, Z.; Oron, M.; Zioni, T.; Brégégère, F. O. M.; Neuman, R.; Kohen, R.; Milner, Y. (2009). "Protective effects of a cream containing Dead Sea minerals against UVB-induced stress in human skin". Experimental Dermatology. 18 (9): 781–788. doi:10.1111/j.1600-0625.2009.00865.x. PMID 19469888.
- "The Times of Israel: Mariah Carey hits Israel to push 'Premier' cosmetics". timesofisrael.com. 2017-06-27. Retrieved 2017-07-11.
- "HPCi Media Limited: Delivering world-class events for the cosmetics, healthcare and pharmaceuticals markets". Hpcimedia.com. 2013-06-06. Retrieved 2013-11-24.
- "Boycott Israel News: Israel's Premier Dead Sea Cosmetics forced out of shopping centres in Ireland and Scotland". Inminds.com. Retrieved 2013-11-24.
- "Dead Sea Premier". London BDS. Retrieved 2013-11-24.