Premier Medical Group
|Industry||Healthcare, Health Services Outsourcing, Medical Reporting|
|Founded||1995 by Dr. Harry Brunjes in Harley Street, London UK|
|Headquarters||Ludlow, Ludlow, Shropshire, England|
|Dr. Harry Brunjes (Chairman),
Jason Powell (CEO)
|Products||Medico-legal reports, rehabilitation, life medicals, screening, occupational health, private GP clinics|
|Revenue||£55 million (2010)|
Number of employees
|approx. 180 (2010)|
Premier Medical Group is a UK company that provides expert opinions for the legal and insurance industries, related to when people have been involved in car crashes and work place accidents resulting in a personal injury. At present the company provides circa 175,000 reports per year. They employ 285 staff in the UK, in four offices, with the head office in Ludlow and other offices in Lincoln, Pangbourne and London. Its turnover in 2010 was over £50 million, with an estimated profit of £8 million.
The firm was formed in 1985 by Dr Harry Brunjes, a clinician in Harley Street. Initially they performed medico-legal work for Russell Jones & Walker, Donne Mileham & Haddock and Healys Solicitors. In 1995 they won the national contract for the RAC which resulted in the necessity for a corporate identity. Subsequently, they obtained contracts with Groupama, A MMA, Norwich Union Rehabilitation, National Farmer’s Union, Co-op, Helphire and DAS. The firm developed a strategic relationship with the private healthcare group BUPA, and Brunjes was appointed Chairman of the Personal Injury Forum at BUPA.
In 2004 Jason Powell, formerly Head of Innovations at BUPA, joined the company as Chief Executive Officer. With Dr. Brunjes, he developed a strategy of consolidation in the medico legal sector and diversification into medical screening and occupational health. He recruited former colleagues from BUPA. and added other corporate clients to the portfolios such as SAGA, AA AA, Fortis, Budget, Liverpool Victoria LV and RBS (including Direct Line and Churchill), while maintaining close relationships with large solicitors such as Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, Lyons Davidson, Shoosmiths, Pannone, Russell Jones & Walker and Parabis and CTTS.
- Gray, Sadie (2010-04-18). "74 Premier Medical". The Times. London. Archived from the original on 11 June 2011.
- Kennedy, Sarah. Insurance times, "Merger creates medical reporting giant" p. 9. 21st Feb. 2008
- "Capita snaps up Premier Medical Group for £60 million in cash". Proactive Investor UK. 1 June 2010. Archived from the original on 5 June 2010.
- "CAPITA GROUP PLC: Capita acquires Premier Medical Group". Bloomberg.
- "DMH Stallard acted for the shareholders of Premier Medical Limited to help create the UK's largest medical reporting business". Dmhstallard.com. 2008-03-03. Retrieved 2009-10-13.
- "News Release Nomura International plc Nomura Private Equity facilitates creation of UK leader in medical reporting (PDF)" (PDF). Retrieved 2009-10-13.
- "Health Merger sewn up" Mail on Sunday 18th Feb. 2008 "
- Trueland, Jennifer. "Agency Collapse prompts warning about legal work." BMA News, p. 1. Sat. Nov. 29th 2008