From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Revenue||€1.5 billion in 2012|
Number of employees
Aerotec has factories in:
- Augsburg, Germany, originally founded in 1916 by Bayerische Rumpler Werke
- Bremen, Germany, originally founded in 1905 by Deutsche Schiffs- und Maschinenbau AG
- Nordenham, Germany
- Varel, Germany, founded in 1936 as Motorenwerk Varel; this site includes a close partnership with ThyssenKrupp who provide metal machining and logistics facilities
- Ghimbav, Romania
The Varel and Nordenham sites were former Airbus factories; the Augsburg site belonged to EADS Military Air Systems.
Large composite parts are also made:
- Fuselage sections for the Eurofighter Typhoon are made at Varel, and then assembled in Augsburg.
- Fuselage sections for the Airbus A400M;
- Several composite sections of the Airbus A350 are being produced, including the aft pressure bulkhead and a 93 square metre panel for the fuselage
- On behalf of Vought and Latécoère, parts are being made for the Boeing 737 and Dassault Falcon.
- "Premium AEROTEC extends restructuring of the company". Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Premium AEROTEC commences aircraft component production in Romania". EADS. Retrieved 2011-03-26.
- "Premium AEROTEC picks FiberSIM for aerospace design work". Composites World. Retrieved 2011-03-26.
- "Article: EADS and Airbus spin off three factories". AccessMyLibrary. Retrieved 2011-03-26.
- "Premium AEROTEC GmbH - Aerostructures for the Future" (PDF). SAE. Retrieved 2011-03-26.
- "ThyssenKrupp: 10-year contract with EADS subsidiary Premium AEROTEC". ASDNews. Retrieved 2011-03-26.
- "EADS to expand to Romania". Airline Post. Retrieved 2011-03-26.
- "Unique titanium component for A400M received an award". Airframer. Retrieved 2011-03-26.
- "Premium AEROTEC makes first 3/2b Eurofighter fuselage section in Varel". EADS. Retrieved 2011-03-26.
- "Fuselage". Premium AEROTEC. Retrieved 2011-03-26.
- "ILA: Aerotec on course to meet A350 XWB targets". Flight Global. Retrieved 2011-03-26.
- "Biggest A350 XWB carbon fuselage panel manufactured". Airframer. Retrieved 2011-03-26.
- "PARIS AIR SHOW: Composite spin-off targets new customers". Retrieved 2011-03-26.
- Flottau, Jens (2009). "New EADS subsidiary Premium Aerotec works to become independent Tier 1 aerospace supplier". AVIATION WEEK AND SPACE TECHNOLOGY.