|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (August 2016)|
|Industry||Open Innovation, Innovation Consulting, product development, search engines, R&D|
|Founded||Paris, France (2008)|
|Headquarters||Paris, France, France|
|Products||Open innovation, crowdsourcing, Expert Sourcing, research services|
PRESANS is an open innovation company organizing global online calls for expertise.
About the company
PRESANS is an open-innovation European company located in Paris. PRESANS, through its base line and service offering, claims to connect business and expertise by organizing worldwide calls for expertise and problem solving competitions in various industrial sectors such as
- Defence, space and aeronautics
- Advanced manufacturing & materials
- Energy and resources
- Food and agriculture
According to Michaël Haddad, Presans is part of the growing French "heart of the knowledge economy".
PRESANS was founded in 2008.
Early in 2011, PRESANS launched an online version of the expert search engine X-Search. X-Search is comparable to other tools such as BiomedExperts developed by Collexis, in the sense that it allows identification of a large number of experts in the world. However, despite the large database announced by PRESANS, experts' profiles appear not to be as rich as that of BiomedExperts.
Information Retrieval for expert sourcing
As described in the book‚ A Guide to Open Innovation and Crowdsourcing, foreworded by Henry Chesbrough, PRESANS focuses on Expert Sourcing, rather than on crowdsourcing. For this purpose they have developed the approach called the Multistep Dynamic Expert Sourcing (MDES). According to the book and the publication referenced above, MDES relies on a combination between a web-mining technology, and a multistep problem solving process. In this approach, experts do not register, instead, the various digital tracks they leave on the web allow to detect and to invite them on-demand to tackle challenging technological problems.
- European Commission (2009). "PRESANS: a new open innovation intermediary".
- "PRESANS: Connect Business to Expertise".
- O.F., journalist at l'Est Republicain (2010). "PRESANS and the globalization of expertise (in French)" (PDF).
- Charles Foucault, journalist at Industrie & Technologies (2011). "PRESANS finds experts for you (in French)".
- Paul Sloan; et al. (2010). "A Guide to Open Innovation and Crowdsourcing".
- Meige and Golden (2010). "Dynamic Expert Sourcing" (PDF).
- Vassilis Plachouras, European Conference on Information Retrieval (2011). "Diversity In Expert Search".