This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
A presentation is the process of presenting a topic to an audience. It is typically a demonstration, introduction, lecture, or speech meant to inform, persuade, inspire, motivate, or to build good will or to present a new idea or product. The term can also be used for a formal or ritualized introduction or offering, as with the presentation of a debutante. Presentations in certain formats are also known as keynote address.
A presentation program is often used to generate the presentation content, some of which also allow presentations to be developed collaboratively, e.g. using the Internet by geographically disparate collaborators. Presentation viewers can be used to combine content from different sources into one presentation. Some of the popular presentation products used across the globe are offered by Apple and Microsoft.
- "presentation | Definition of presentation in English by Oxford Dictionaries". Oxford Dictionaries | English. Retrieved 2018-01-23.
- "keynote | Definition of keynote in English by Oxford Dictionaries". Oxford Dictionaries | English. Retrieved 2018-01-23.
- Definition of presentations
- Content (types, audience, visual)
- Daria Price Bowman. (1998). Presentations. Madison WI: F+W Publications Inc.