Presidency University, Bangalore
|Motto||Gain More Knowledge, Reach Greater Heights|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr. Radha Padmanabhan|
|Pro Chancellor||Dr. Vijayan Immanuel|
|Colours|| Royal Blue|
Presidency Group of Institutions (PGI), along with the University, constitutes 7 Schools and a College. While the college offers programmes to students at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels in information technology, commerce, management and journalism, the schools offer National and International boards of studies. Recently, Presidency Group of Institutions (PGI) was bestowed with the "Most Promising Institute in South India" award at the British South India Council of Commerce and Business Meet 2014.The Presidency University, Bangalore was founded by the Presidency Group of Institutions (PGI). The university's founding Chairman and Chancellor is Dr. Nissar Ahmed; the Vice Chancellor is Dr. Radha Padmanabhan.
It was chartered by the Presidency University Act (Karnataka State Act No. 41) in 2013. The university commenced classes in 2015.
- "Private University Karnataka". University Grants Commission (India). Retrieved 29 October 2015.
- "Council nod for 3 private varsities". Deccan Herald. 13 February 2013. Retrieved 29 October 2015.
- "Students shine bright on a sunny Saturday". The Times of India. 11 September 2017. Retrieved 8 January 2018.
- "Presidency University - University Officers - Presidency University". presidencyuniversity.in.
- "Presidency University Awarded Best Emerging University in South India".