President Carlos P. Garcia, Bohol
|President Carlos P. Garcia|
Map of Bohol with President Carlos P. Garcia highlighted
|Region||Central Visayas (Region VII)|
|District||2nd district of Bohol|
|21 June 1969
4 November 1977
|Barangay||23 (see § Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Tesalonica Boyboy (LP)|
|• Vice mayor||Nestor Abad|
|• Town Council|
|• Total||65.28 km2 (25.20 sq mi)|
|Population (2010 census)|
|• Density||360/km2 (920/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)38|
|Income class||4th class|
President Carlos P. Garcia is a fourth income class municipality in the province of Bohol, Philippines. It primarily consists of Lapinig Island along with a few surrounding islets. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 23,287.
President Carlos P. Garcia comprises 23 barangays:
- San Jose (Tawid)
- Santo Rosario
- Villa Milagrosa
- San Vicente
Congressman Teodoro Galagar of the 3rd Congressional District of the province of Bohol, initiated the formation of Lapining Grande into a town. Aguining, Pitogo, and Bonbonon were the barangays bidding for township. On June 21, 1969, RA 5864 was approved creating Pitogo as the 46th town of the province of Bohol with 23 regular barangays. Eight years later on November 4, 1977, it was renamed by Presidential Decree 2828 in honour of President Carlos P. Garcia, who was born in nearby Talibon.
|Population census of Pres. C. P. Garcia|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
Secondary and High Schools
- Aguining Elementary School
- Basiao Elementary School
- Baud Elementary School
- Bogo Elementary School
- Bonbonon Elementary School
- Bayog Elementary School
- Butan Elementary School
- Campamanog Elementary School
- Canmangao Elementary School
- Gaus Elementary School
- Lapinig Elementary School
- Lipata Elementary School
- Popoo Elementary School
- Pres. C. P. Garcia Central Elementary School
- Saguise Elementary School
- San Vicente Elementary School
- San Jose Elementary School
- Tugas Elementary School
- Tugnao Elementary School
- Villa Milagrosa Elementary School
- "Municipality of Pres. Carlos P. Garcia". Province of Bohol. Retrieved 2012-09-20.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- "Population and Annual Growth Rates by Province, City and Municipality: Central Visayas: 1995, 2000 and 2007" (PDF). National Statistics Office. Archived from the original (PDF) on 24 June 2011.
- "Catholic Educational Institutions, Diocese of Talibon". Roman Catholic Diocese of Talibon. January 1, 2014. Retrieved March 5, 2015.
- "List of High School Educational Service Areas / Congressional District 2". DepEd - Bohol. January 1, 2015. Retrieved March 5, 2015.
- "List of Elementary School Educational Service Areas / Congressional District 2". DepEd - Bohol. January 1, 2015. Retrieved March 5, 2015.
|Camotes Sea||Canigao Channel|