President Roxas, Capiz
Map of Capiz with Pres. Roxas highlighted
|Region||Western Visayas (Region VI)|
|Legislative district||1st district of Capiz|
|• Mayor||Receliste L. Escolin|
|• Total||77.88 km2 (30.07 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||380/km2 (990/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)36|
President Roxas, formerly Lutod-lutod, is a fourth class municipality in the province of Capiz, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 29,676 people. It is 37 kilometres (23 mi) from the provincial capital, Roxas City.
In 1949, the sitios and barrios of Aranguel, Culilang, Pandan, Pinamihagan, Cadoulan, Quiajo, Sangcal, Pondol, Marita, Madulano, Jabuyana, Bo-ac, Cabugcabug, Goce Badiangon, Bayuyan, Agbobolo, Cubay, Ibaca, and the sitio of Lotudlotud which was converted into a barrio of Elizalde was separated from Pilar, and formed into the separate town of President Roxas by virtue of Republic Act No. 374.
In 1952, barrio of Agbobolo was renamed Manoling.
- Santo Niño
|Population census of Pres. Roxas|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Pres. Roxas was 29,676 people, with a density of 380 inhabitants per square kilometre or 980 inhabitants per square mile.
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 15 February 2013.
- "Province: Capiz". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region VI (Western Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "An act to create the municipality of President Roxas in the province of Capiz". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-09.
- "An Act Changing the Name of the Barrio of Agbobolo in the Municipality of President Roxas, Province of Capiz, to Manoling". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-09.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region VI (Western Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- "Province of Capiz". Municipality Population Data. LWUA Research Division. Retrieved 16 August 2013.
||Panay / Tinagong Dagat Bay||Pilar Bay|