President Roxas, Capiz
Map of Capiz with Pres. Roxas highlighted
|Region||Western Visayas (Region VI)|
|Legislative district||1st district of Capiz|
|• Mayor||Receliste L. Escolin|
|• Total||77.88 km2 (30.07 sq mi)|
|• Density||370/km2 (950/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
President Roxas is a fourth class municipality in the province of Capiz, Philippines. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 28,561 people. It is 37 kilometres (23 mi) from the provincial capital, Roxas City.
In 1949, the sitios and barrios of Aranguel, Culilang, Pandan, Pinamihagan, Cadoulan, Quiajo, Sangcal, Pondol, Marita, Madulano, Jabuyana, Bo-ac, Cabugcabug, Goce Badiangon, Bayuyan, Agbobolo, Cubay, Ibaca, and the sitio of Lotudlotud which was converted into a barrio of Elizalde was separated from Pilar, and formed into the separate town of President Roxas by virtue of Republic Act No. 374.
In 1952, barrio of Agbobolo was renamed Manoling.
- Santo Niño
|Population census of Pres. Roxas|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 15 February 2013.
- "Province: Capiz". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 15 February 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 15 February 2013.
- "An act to create the municipality of President Roxas in the province of Capiz". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-09.
- "An Act Changing the Name of the Barrio of Agbobolo in the Municipality of President Roxas, Province of Capiz, to Manoling". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-09.
- "Province of Capiz". Municipality Population Data. LWUA Research Division. Retrieved 16 August 2013.
||Panay / Tinagong Dagat Bay||Pilar Bay|