List of Presidents of the Chamber of Deputies of Luxembourg
|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2015)|
The President of the Chamber of Deputies (Luxembourgish: Chamberpresident, French: Président de la Chambre des Députés, German: Präsident der Abgeordnetenkammer) is the presiding officer in Luxembourg's unicameral national legislature, the Chamber of Deputies.
Note that, during recess, the chamber does not have a president. However, for continuity purposes, unless the president changes between one parliamentary session and another, the presidency is treated as though it is held continuously.
In addition, there were four extraordinary sessions, for which the Presidents were selected by virtue of being the oldest members. In these cases, the Presidents were:
- 11 January 1858: Mathias Ulrich
- 24 June 1872 – 27 June 1872 Michel Witry
- 6 July 1979: Jean-Pierre Urwald
- 16 July 1984: Jean-Pierre Urwald
- President in name only under Nazi occupation (1940–1944)
- Selected by virtue of being oldest member