Presidente Carlos Ibáñez del Campo International Airport
|Presidente Carlos Ibáñez International Airport
Aeropuerto Internacional Presidente Carlos Ibáñez
|Airport type||Public / Military|
|Serves||Punta Arenas, Chile|
|Elevation AMSL||139 ft / 42 m|
Presidente Carlos Ibáñez International Airport (Spanish: Aeropuerto Internacional Presidente Carlos Ibáñez) (IATA: PUQ, ICAO: SCCI) is an airport serving the city of Punta Arenas in southern Chile in the Patagonia region of South America. Because of high amounts of tourism, it handles a large number of passengers per year. The airport is shared with the Chilean Air Force.
Commercial facilities include: paid parking area, cargo facility, and a 3-gate passenger terminal.
The terminal has 2 luggage belts, several vendors and small stores, a cyber-café, a restaurant on the second level and in the boarding area, and 11 check-in counters.
Airlines and destinations
|Aerovías DAP||Balmaceda, El Calafate, Porvenir, Puerto Natales, Puerto Williams, Ushuaia|
|LATAM Chile||Mount Pleasant, Puerto Montt, Rio Gallegos, Santiago de Chile
|Sky Airline||Balmaceda, Concepcion, Puerto Montt, Santiago de Chile|
- Airport information for SCCI at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for PUQ at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- Official website (in Spanish)
- "Presidente Carlos Ibáñez del Campo (SCCI)" (PDF). from AIP Chile
- Aeropuerto Pdte. Carlos Ibáñez del Campo (SCCI) (in Spanish)
- Current weather for SCCI at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for PUQ at Aviation Safety Network
|This article about an airport in Chile is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|