Presidential Ambassadors for Global Entrepreneurship
PAGE was founded by then United States President Barack Obama in 2014. The prime focus of the group is to increase the business startup culture in the United States.
Other noted ambassadors for PAGE include former AOL CEO Steve Case, Venture for America founder and 2020 Presidential candidate Andrew Yang, Shark Tank investor Daymond John, who was appointed to his post in 2015, Mozilla board member Julie Hanna and Helen Greiner (CTO of CyPhworks). Both Hanna and Greiner were two of the five women who were named ambasaddors of PAGE at the time.
In 2018, Inaugural PAGE member and Chairman and CEO of Pinnacle Group, Nina Vaca had a day named after her in Houston, Texas due to her efforts in improving the Hispanic and immigration community in Texas.
- Tau, Byron. "Meet President Obama's Entrepreneurship Ambassadors - U.S". Wall Street Journal. Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 5 August 2018.
- Pritzker, Penny. "Announcing President Obama's New Ambassadors for Global Entrepreneurship". White House. White House.Gov. Retrieved 5 August 2018.
- Reo, Leann. "Embattled Theranos CEO Steps Down As Obama Business Ambassador". Fortune. Fortune. Retrieved 5 August 2018.
- della Cava, Marco. "Airbnb's Chesky, Theranos' Holmes among presidential entrepreneurs". USA Today. USA Today. Retrieved 5 August 2018.
- Bosilkovski, Igor. "Techies Upset Over Trump Administration Killing A Rule That Would Have Helped Foreign Entrepreneurs". Forbes. Forbes. Retrieved 5 August 2018.
- Johnson, Ted. "Shark Tank' at the White House: Daymond John Named Entrepreneurship Ambassador". Variety. Variety. Retrieved 5 August 2018.
- "5 Women Named As American Ambassadors for Entrepreneurship". Hera Hub. Hera Hub. Retrieved 5 August 2018.
- "PAGE Ambassador – Nina Vaca of Pinnacle Technical Resources". Department of Commerce. Retrieved 2018-11-03.
- "Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner proclaims March 8 Nina Vaca Day at 11th Annual Tribute to the Hispanic Woman". PR Web. PR Web. Retrieved 5 August 2018.
- "From immigrant family to tech CEO, Nina Vaca uses her success to spread global entrepreneurship". 25 August 2017.
- About the Presidential Ambassadors for Global Entrepreneurship. US Department of Commerce.
|This United States government–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|