A Presidential Determination is a kind of presidential directive issued by the White House stating determination resulting in an official policy or position of the executive branch of the United States federal government. Presidential determinations may involve any number of actions, including setting or changing policy, or any number of other exercises of executive power.
One of the most famous presidential determinations was President Clinton's Presidential Determination 95-45, which exempted the US Air Force's facility in the vicinity of Groom Lake, Nevada (commonly called Area 51).
- List of United States federal executive orders
- Executive order (United States)
- Presidential proclamation (United States)
- Presidential memorandum
- National security directive
- Presidential finding
- "Suspending Restrictions on U.S. Relations with the Palestine Liberation Organization". White House. 1996. Retrieved 2007-07-13.
- "Presidential Determination on Classified Information Concerning the Air Force's Operating Location Near Groom Lake, Nevada" (PDF). U.S. Government Printing Office. 1995. Retrieved 2009-04-04.
|This United States government–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|