Presidential Medal of Merit (Philippines)
|Presidential Medal of Merit|
Ribbon of the medal
|Awarded by Philippines|
|Awarded for||See Award|
|Next (higher)||Order of the Golden Heart|
|Next (lower)||Order of the Knights of Rizal|
The Presidential Medal of Merit (Pampanguluhang Medalya ng Merito) is an honor given by the Republic of the Philippines.
The Presidential Merit Award was renamed the Presidential Medal of Merit by Executive Order 236 on September 19, 2003.
The Presidential Medal of Merit shall be conferred upon an individual, Filipino or foreign:
- a. for outstanding service to the President, the Administration or cabinet members;
- b. for gaining prestige for the country in an international event, in the fields of literature, the sciences, the arts, entertainment, and other civilian fields of endeavor that foster national pride and artistic excellence;
- c. who is a retiring cultural worker or artist, after serving the government in an official or advisory capacity, or a foreign artist who has promoted Philippine culture; or
- d. for acts of merit that enhance the prestige of the Republic of the Philippines, including heading the Philippine delegation or having contributed materially to the success of a major international conference or event that has brought prestige and honor to the country, including Presidential visits overseas and major international events held in the Philippines.
- Scout Oscar M. Alcaraz, 1970 (posthumous)
- Imelda Marcos, 1974
- Herbert W. Armstrong, 1983
- Ossie Mills, 1987
- apl.de.ap, 2006
- will.i.am, 2006
- Anita Magsaysay-Ho, 2006
- Nena Saguil, 2006 (posthumous) 
- Juvenal Sanso, 2006
- Romeo Villalva Tabuena, 2006
- Oscar Yatco, 2006
- Fernando Zóbel de Ayala y Montojo, 2006 (posthumous)
- Monique Lhuillier, 2006
- Reverend Fr. Eduardo Hontiveros, SJ, 2008 (posthumous)
- Francis Magalona, 2009 (posthumous)
- Jaime Augusto Zóbel de Ayala II, 2009
- Leland Yee, 2010
- Ambeth Ocampo, 2013
- Peter Irving Corvera, 2016
- Executive Order No. 236, s. 2003 Official Gazette of the Republic of the Philippines. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- Black Eyed Peas Members Awarded Presidential Medal In The Philippines AllHipHop.com News. Retrieved 15 April 2013.
- 6 artists receive Presidential Medal of Merit GMA New Online. Retrieved 15 April 2013.
- Aurea Calica, "GMA awards medal of merit to Hollywood designer Lhuillier", The Philippine Star, November 9, 2006.
- Philippines President Arroyo Confers the Presidential Medal of Merit on Senator Yee California State Senate News. Retrieved 15 April 2013.