Vietnam Presidential Unit Citation
- Please see "Presidential Unit Citation (disambiguation)" for other nations' versions of this award
|Presidential Unit Citation|
US Navy sized Vietnam Presidential Unit Citation ribbon bar
US Army sized ribbon bar
|Awarded by South Vietnam|
|Status||No longer awarded|
The Republic of Vietnam Presidential Unit Citation, originally referred to as the Friendship Ribbon, was awarded by the South Vietnamese government to all personnel in the Military Assistance Advisory Group, Indo-China, and other units who during August and September 1954, participated in humanitarian assistance. The Republic of Vietnam Presidential Unit Citation is considered obsolete since the bestowing authority, the government of South Vietnam, no longer exists.
When worn on the uniform, the Republic of Vietnam Presidential Unit Citation is worn as a ribbon. The ribbon is golden yellow 1 3⁄8 inches (35 mm) wide. In the center are three stripes of Old Glory Red 1⁄8 inch (3 mm) wide, 1⁄16 inch (1.6 mm) apart. The ribbon is enclosed in a gold frame.
- Military awards and decorations of South Vietnam
- American Presidential Unit Citation
- Philippine Republic Presidential Unit Citation
- South Korean Presidential Unit Citation
- Thompson, James G. (2003). Complete Guide to United States Marine Corps Medals, Badges, and Insignia: World War II to Present. Medals of America Press. p. 101. ISBN 9781884452420.
- "Military Awards" (PDF). Army Regulation 600–8–22. Army Publishing Directorate. 15 September 2011. p. 127. Retrieved 23 November 2012.
- "Department of Defense Manual 1348.33 Volume 3" (PDF). Defense Technical Information Center. Department of Defense. 23 November 2010. p. 40. Retrieved 22 November 2012. External link in
- "Republic of Vietnam Presidential Unit Citation". http://www.tioh.hqda.pentagon.mil/. The Institute of Heraldry. Retrieved 23 November 2012.
- "Seabee History: Vietnam". History.navy.mil. Retrieved 2013-01-03.
- . "BMU One History". Public.navy.mil. Retrieved 2013-01-03.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vietnam Presidential Unit Citation.|
|This article about the Vietnam War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to orders, decorations, and medals is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|