Prespes municipality map
|Administrative region||West Macedonia|
|• Municipality||515.5 km2 (199.0 sq mi)|
|• Municipal unit||413.5 km2 (159.7 sq mi)|
|• Municipality density||3.0/km2 (7.8/sq mi)|
|• Municipal unit||1,201|
|• Municipal unit density||2.9/km2 (7.5/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
|Postal code||530 77|
Prespes (Greek: Πρέσπες) is a municipality in the Florina regional unit, Greece. Population 1,560 (2011). The seat of the municipality is in Laimos. It was named after Lake Prespa, in the western part of the municipality.
The municipality Prespes was formed at the 2011 local government reform by the merger of the following 2 former municipalities, that became municipal units:
The municipality has an area of 515.497 km2, the municipal unit 413.513 km2. According to the 2011 Greek census, Prespes was the least densely populated municipality in the country, with an average of 3.05 residents per square kilometre. 
- ΠΡΕΣΠΑ η Ελληνική Δημήτρις Πένης
- "Απογραφή Πληθυσμού - Κατοικιών 2011. ΜΟΝΙΜΟΣ Πληθυσμός" (in Greek). Hellenic Statistical Authority.
- Kallikratis law Greece Ministry of Interior (in Greek)
- "Population & housing census 2001 (incl. area and average elevation)" (PDF) (in Greek). National Statistical Service of Greece.
- http://greece.greekreporter.com/2011/07/25/results-for-greeces-population-are-out/. Missing or empty
|This Western Macedonia location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|