This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Prespes municipality map
|Administrative region||West Macedonia|
|• Municipality||515.5 km2 (199.0 sq mi)|
|• Municipal unit||413.5 km2 (159.7 sq mi)|
|• Municipality density||3.0/km2 (7.8/sq mi)|
|• Municipal unit||1,201|
|• Municipal unit density||2.9/km2 (7.5/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
Prespes (Greek: Πρέσπες) (Macedonian: Преспа) is a municipality in the Florina regional unit, Greece. Its population in 2011 was 7,380. The seat of the municipality is in Laimos. It was named after Lake Prespa, in the western part of the municipality.
The municipality has an area of 515.497 km2, the municipal unit 413.513 km2. According to the 2011 Greek census, Prespes was the least densely populated municipality in the country, with an average of 3.05 residents per square kilometre, and also the smallest municipality, by population size, of the Florina regional unit.
- "Απογραφή Πληθυσμού - Κατοικιών 2011. ΜΟΝΙΜΟΣ Πληθυσμός" (in Greek). Hellenic Statistical Authority.
- Kallikratis law Greece Ministry of Interior (in Greek)
- "Population & housing census 2001 (incl. area and average elevation)" (PDF) (in Greek). National Statistical Service of Greece.
- http://greece.greekreporter.com/2011/07/25/results-for-greeces-population-are-out/. Missing or empty
- Δημήτρις Πένης, Πρέσπα η Ελληνική, 2007
|This Western Macedonia location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|