|Birth name||Quinton Armani Gardner|
|Also known as||Pressa Armani|
|Born||May 10, 1996|
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Quinton Armani Gardner (born May 10, 1996), professionally known as Pressa, is a Canadian rapper, singer, and songwriter.
Quinton Armani Gardner was born on May 10, 1996 in Toronto, Ontario to a Filipino mother and a Jamaican father. He was 5 weeks old when his father was sentenced to 15 years in prison for second-degree murder, which left his mother to care for him and his older brother He grew up in the Driftwood neighbourhood of Jane & Finch in Toronto, which is notorious for gang affiliation and activity.
2016–2018: Beginnings and rise to fame
Gardner rose to prominence after the release of his hit single "Novacane", which was produced by frequent collaborator Murda Beatz. In 2017 he opened for Drake on his Boy Meets World Tour despite being on bail for kidnapping allegations, and was featured in 6IX RISING a Canadian documentary film about the hip hop culture in Canada. Later that year he gained significant attention for his unique flow on his single Canada Goose featuring Tory Lanez, which was released in December. Pressa has also worked with overseas artists including British rapper Giggs, releasing the single Sexy in April 2017 and he was featured in K Koke's single D Ting Set in the same year. In October 2018, Pressa released the single 420 in London featuring Lil Uzi Vert. He was featured on the song Up and Down by 6ixBuzz alongside Houdini which amassed over 1 million views on YouTube within the 1st month of release.
In 2019 he has released "Prestige", an album named after his father, which debuted at the number 1 spot on the iTunes Canada hip hop music charts. It featured appearances from Burna Bandz as well as Lil Richie. Pressa collaborated with British rapper Russ and Taze on the single Vida Loca released in July 2019. Pressa's latest single, "O.T.M. (Out The Mud)", was released on February 7, 2020 via WorldStarHipHop.
- 2019: Prestige
- 2017: Press Machine
- 2017: Press a Brick
- 2020: Gardner Express
- 2018: 6ixUpsideDown (by 6ixBuzz)
- 2019: NorthernSound (by 6ixBuzz)
- 2018: Northside Jane (by UpTop Movement Inc.)
|Film and Television|
|2017||6ix Rising||Himself||Documentary of Toronto's rising hip-hop scene featuring numerous Canadian rap artists.|
|2019||Remember Me, Toronto||Short film by Mustafa the Poet|
- "Pressa Height, Weight, Age, Bio, Body measurement, Net Worth and Facts". January 14, 2018.
- "Blue Feathers Records Archives". HipHopCanada.
- "PRESSA'S "96 FREESTYLE" OUT NOW – Sony Music Canada". www.sonymusic.ca.
- "Pressa Has Lived a Hard Life, Now He Wants Peace".
- Taylor, Sharine (November 21, 2017). "Pressa Has Lived a Hard Life, Now He Wants Peace".
- "Kidnapping accused up-and-coming rapper | Toronto Sun". April 30, 2016.
- "Pressa & Murda Beatz Reunite On "Who Did It"". HotNewHipHop. Retrieved 2019-09-10.
- C.M, Emmanuel. "Pressa Roams the Streets in Canada Goose Video - XXL". XXL Mag.
- "The gang ties that bind Toronto rapper Pressa from stardom". Retrieved 2019-09-09.
- "Pressa free to rap after being cleared of kidnapping charge".
- "Giggs & Pressa - Sexy". HotNewHipHop.
- "PREMIERE: K Koke & Pressa team up for cold "D Ting Set" video". GRM Daily - Grime, Rap music and Culture. August 13, 2017. Retrieved 2020-02-09.
- "Pressa & Lil Uzi Vert Reconnect for New "420 In London" Video". HYPEBEAST.
- "6ixbuzz feat. Pressa & Houdini - Up & Down Lyrics". musiXmatch.
- "6ixbuzz - Up & Down (feat. Pressa, Houdini) (Official Music Video)" – via www.youtube.com.
- "Pressa debuts at No. 1 with Prestige album". HipHopCanada. April 16, 2019.
- "Russ Splash enlists Pressa & Taze for "Vida Loca"". HipHopCanada. July 28, 2019.
- Out The Mud: WSHH
- "Premiere: Pressa Does Vegas in '96 Freestyle' Video". Complex.
- Staff, Noisey Canada (November 21, 2017). "Watch '6IX RISING,' Our Definitive Look at Toronto's Rap Scene".