Pressed Metal Corporation South Australia
|Successor||Australian Bus Manufacturing|
In 1975 it was sold to Leyland Australia and rebranded PMCSA moving to a new plant at Royal Park in 1976. In 1991 following the closure of Pressed Metal Corporation in Sydney and the consolidation of operations in Adelaide, PMCSA was renamed PMC Australia. PMCSA was included in the sale of Leyland Australia's (by now renamed JRA Limited) bus businesses to Clifford Corporation in July 1996.
Following the collapse of Clifford Corporation, the plant was sold in 1999 to a consortium of Custom Coaches, Jim Bosnjak and John Hewson and rebranded Australian Bus Manufacturing. Custom Coaches assumed full ownership in 2000.
- Memoirs of a bygone era Australasian Bus & Coach June 2008
- "PMC Australia" Australian Bus Panorama June 1991 issue 6/9 page 17
- "Austral Pacific Group" Fleetline May 1999 page 75
- "New Owner for Bus Plant" Australian Bus Panorama June 1999 issue 14/6 page 32
- "Australian Bus Manufacturing" Australian Bus Panorama August 2000 issue 16/1 page 18
- "Victorian Buses in the Eighties" Australian Bus Panorama September 1990 issue 6/2 page 11
- PMCSA Elwood Series Bus Australia