Pressure point (disambiguation)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up pressure point in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Pressure point may refer to:
- in martial arts, pressure points are particularly sensitive points of the human body where comparatively weak forces may cause serious pain or injury
- in medicine and first aid, a point on the body where direct pressure is applied to constrict blood flow in the event of bleeding, see Emergency bleeding control#Pressure_points
- Acupuncture point in traditional Chinese medicine
- varmam, the corresponding concept in Tamil traditional medicine and martial arts
- "reflex points" in Reflexology
in popular culture:
- Pressure Point (film), starring Sidney Poitier and Bobby Darin
- Pressure Point, an American punk rock band
- Pressure Point (album), by Freestylers
- "Pressure Point" (song), from The Zutons' 2004 album Who Killed...... The Zutons?
- Pressure Points: Live in Concert, a 1984 live album by progressive rock band Camel
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Pressure point.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.