This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founder||Bruno Lévêque, Igor Schlumberger|
|Alexandre Eruimy, CEO|
|Products||Webshop, Shopping cart software|
PrestaShop is a freemium, open source e-commerce platform. The software is published under the Open Software License (OSL). It is written in the PHP programming language with support for the MySQL database management system. It has a software dependency on the Symfony PHP framework.
PrestaShop is currently used by 300,000 shops worldwide and is available in 60 different languages.
PrestaShop started in 2005 as a student project within the EPITECH IT School in Paris, France. Originally named phpOpenStore, the software was first available in two languages: English and French. Three months after its launch, the project was translated into thirteen languages.
The company, PrestaShop SA, was founded in 2007 by Igor Schlumberger and Bruno Lévêque.
Between May 2010 and April 2012, PrestaShop grew from 17 employees to more than a hundred, with the establishment of secondary headquarters in Miami. As of April 2016, PrestaShop has over 120 employees and offices in 6 countries.
In March 2014, PrestaShop SA secured $9.3M in Series B Funding to continue its global expansion efforts.
As of October 2020, .28% of sites employing open-source shopping cart software use PrestaShop, according to software tracking website BuiltWith. According to W3Techs, PrestaShop is used by 0.5% of all websites.
In October 2019, PrestaShop closed the Miami headquarters and ceased its operations in the Americas.
In 2019, PrestaShop received the Acteurs du Libre International Award for its international development strategy.
The current and latest version of Prestashop is 18.104.22.168
As an open-source organization, PrestaShop is faced with the challenge of generating revenues. By leveraging the size and international scope of its open-source community, the company established two main sources of revenue:
- PrestaShop Addons, a marketplace through which merchants purchase custom addons and themes for their stores
- Strategic partnerships with e-commerce industry leaders such as PayPal or Google
PrestaShop has more than three hundred built-in features for managing product listing, payments, shipping, manufacturers and suppliers. PrestaShop uses a web template system that allows users to customize store themes and add new features through add-on modules. The PrestaShop Addons marketplace provides a platform for third-party developers to sell themes and modules to merchants.
PrestaShop provides a basic responsive theme by default. Users can install or develop their own themes that change the display of the website without altering its content.
Add-on modules extend the software's built-in functionalities. Users may install modules directly within the software administration panel or develop their own.
- "Internationalization and Open Source drive Growth for PrestaShop". PrestaShop. 2016-10-13. Retrieved 2017-11-28.
- "About PrestaShop". PrestaShop.
- "PrestaShop Opens First U.S. Office & Creates 85 Jobs in Miami".
- "PrestaShop's female CEO tells all - Interview with Corinne Lejbowicz, CEO of PrestaShop". HostAdvice. April 14, 2016.
- "PrestaShop raises $9.3M in Series B Funding".
- "PrestaShop disrupts the ecommerce market with the industry's first free cloud software for merchants". PrestaShop.
- "Statistics for websites using Open Source technologies". BuiltWith.
- "Usage statistics and market share of PrestaShop for websites". W3Techs.
- "PrestaShop Inc. business filings". sunbiz.org.
- "Le CNLL révèle les lauréats du concours des Acteurs du Libre 2019". CNLL.
- Github. "Prestashop Releases". Github.
- "E-commerce Industry Partners". PrestaShop.