Preston on Stour
It is situated some four kilometres south of the town of Stratford-on-Avon. The population of the civil parish as at the 2011 census was 244. As its name suggests, the village stands on the River Stour, which flows northward, just east of the village centre. The A3400 main road parallels the river about one kilometre further east.
Historically Preston was a part of the county of Gloucestershire but the parish was transferred to Warwickshire on 1 April 1931. The village church is dedicated to Saint Mary. The village formerly had a Junior and Infant School but this was closed in 1974.
Notable locals include Judy Craymer, producer of the Mamma Mia! film franchise, who owns a grade II listed holiday home at The Cottage and visits occasionally when not in London, Greece or New York where she has other homes
- Parish council website Archived 2011-04-05 at the Wayback Machine
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Retrieved 21 December 2015.
- "Preston on Stour at the Birmingham and Midland Society for Genealogy and Heraldry". Bmsgh.org. 2000-01-03. Retrieved 2012-12-07.
- Some pictures of St Mary's Archived April 29, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- "The school on the National Archives website". Nationalarchives.gov.uk. Retrieved 2012-12-07.
Media related to Preston on Stour at Wikimedia Commons