Preston Institute of Management Science and Technology
|Director||Syed Masood Raza|
|Location||Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan|
|Affiliations||Higher Education Commission
PIMSAT offers two- and four-year programs for undergraduates and graduates, backed by a research institute. The emphasis of the institute is business, computer science, management and technology trades, though other disciplines are offered.
PIMSAT Study Programs
Undergraduate degree programs
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- BS (Computer Science, IT & Telecom)
- B. Sc. Applied Science
- Bachelor of Technology (Electrical, Electronics, Chemical, Mechanical & Civil)
Graduate degree programs
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Science in Computer Science (MSc CS)
- Master of Science in Information Technology (MSc IT)
- MBA Weekend Program
- Master of Science in Telecom (MSc Telecom)
- M.Sc. Applied Science Program
Executive degree programs
- Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA)
- Executive Master of Science in Information Technology
- (EMS IT)
Recognition & Charter
Preston Institute of Management Science and Technology (PIMSAT), Karachi has been chartered by the Government of Sindh through promulgation of ordinance no. LEGIS: 1(26)/2001 and recognized by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan, Government of Pakistan and is listed on their website  under the heading “chartered university/Degree Awarding institutes of Pakistan in Public and Private sectors.
The program strategy of PIMSAT is to provide higher education opportunities of the highest quality at a reasonable and affordable cost. PIMSAT is also listed with Charter Inspection and Evaluation Committee, Sindh Pakistan as Chartered Institute.
Construction of Elegant Purpose-Built Campuses
PIMSAT also acquired suitable piece of land for the permanent campuses of the Institute. The management after deploying strenuous and meticulous efforts succeeded to acquire land at following two different places for the construction of purpose-built campuses for the degree awarding institution.
- Safora Chowrangi, University Road, Near Kiran Hospital measuring 2 Acers has been purchased. Land has been registered in the name of PIMSAT.
- Korangi Township near Institute of Business Management (IoBM), BIZTEK and PAF-KIET, measuring 7000 yards has been purchased. Land has been registered in the name of PIMSAT.
The high ups of PIMSAT are striving hard to construct its Purpose-Built-Campuses comprising Academic block, Administrative block, Library, Gymnasium, Conference hall with multimedia facility, Examination hall, Sports complex, Computer labs, Hostel for boys and girls separately, Science laboratories, Play grounds for indoor / outdoor games, Rest House for visiting dignitaries, Residences for general and academic staff, Mosque, Common Rooms for staff and students, cafeteria / Tuck shop, swimming pool, Career Services center and parking etc.
Both the campuses are situated on the backdrop of educational empires at opposite directions in the outskirts of the city which is a benchmark of educational environment. This will encompass the educational requirement of the students of almost the entire city. Ample option for public transport is available to approach the campuses from all directions of the city. The management is very much enthusiastic and emotional to continue its strive to rank the institute from better to the best expeditiously as far as humanly possible.
- Higher Education Commission of Pakistan
- HEC Recognized Universities and Degree Awarding Institutions
- List of Universities in Pakistan
- Chartered Institutions under Charter Inspection and Evaluation Committee
- "HEC Recognized Universities and Degree Awarding Institutions". Hec.gov.pk. Retrieved 2012-06-17.
- "Ciec-Pimsat". Ciec.gos.pk. Retrieved 2012-06-17.