|This article does not cite any sources. (October 2010)|
|Labels||Poison Pops, Svengali, Virgin|
Pretty Poison is an American dance group based out of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Group members are Jade Starling (lead vocalist); Whey Cooler (keyboardist and guitarist); and Kaya Pryor (percussionist).
They charted for the first time in 1984 with the song, "Nighttime", which hit number 14 on the U.S. Hot Dance Club Play chart. "Nighttime" was released on the Svengali label. In 1987, their song, "Catch Me (I'm Falling)" was featured in the Jon Cryer movie, Hiding Out, and with heavy MTV exposure, it became a top 10 U.S. Billboard Hot 100 hit, peaking at #8. The song also went to #1 on the dance chart. The B-side contained a shorter Spanish Mix vocal. A re-recorded version of Nighttime in 1988 became their second Hot 100 hit, climbing to number 36. Pretty Poison opened for the Clockmen in May 1986 at Drexel University's "Battle of the Bands".
Pretty Poison had several more dance chart entries, the most recent being a new version of "Catch Me (I'm Falling)" which hit #43 in 1998.
February 2009 saw the release of new song "Finga Lickin' Good" on iTunes. A new CD was scheduled for release in the summer.
- Laced (Svengali, 1983)
- Catch Me I'm Falling (Virgin, 1988)
- Deflowered (as Sex In Violets) (FTS, 1995)
- Greatest Hits Vol. 1 (Svengali, 1997)
- Euphoria (Svengali, 1998)
- "Gimme Gimme Your Autograph" b/w "Kill You" (Poison Pops, 1981)
- "No Tears" b/w "Sakii" (Svengali, 1982)
- "Expiration" b/w "The Realm of Existence" (Svengali, 1983)
- "Nighttime" (Svengali, 1984)
- "Catch Me (I'm Falling)" (Svengali/Virgin, 1987)
- "Nighttime" (re-release) (Virgin, 1988)
- "When I Look Into Your Eyes" (Virgin, 1988)
- "Better Better Be Good to Me" (Tracer, 1992)
- "Take Me I'm Yours" (Chemikal Entertainment Group, 2006)
- "Finga Lickin' Good" (2009)
- "Let Freedom Ring" (Svengali, 1996/1997)
- "Catch Me I'm Falling '98" (Svengali, 1998)