From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up prevention or prevent in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Prevention may refer to:
Health and medicine
- Preventive medicine, measures to prevent diseases or injuries rather than curing them or treating their symptoms
- Crime prevention, the attempt to reduce deter crime and criminals
- Hazard prevention, the process of risk study, elimination, and mitigation in emergency management
- Pollution prevention, activities that reduce the amount of pollution generated by a process
- Preventive maintenance, maintenance performed to prevent faults from occurring or developing into major defects
- Prevent strategy, a scheme in the UK to report radicalisation
- Risk prevention, reducing the potential of loss from a given action, activity and/or inaction
- Risk management, the identification, assessment, and prioritization of risks in business
- Prevention (magazine), an American healthy lifestyle magazine
- Prevention (album), a 2009 album by the Scottish indie-rock band De Rosa
- Prevent defense, an American football defensive alignment
- Prevention First, a nonprofit organization supporting drug-free communities through public education
- Prevention Institute, a non-profit center dedicated to improving community health and well-being
- Preventive Medicine (journal), a peer-reviewed medical journal
- Prevention paradox, the situation where the majority of cases of a disease come from a population at low risk
- Prevention Science, the application of a scientific methodology to prevent or moderate major human dysfunctions
- Prevention through design, the concept of mitigating occupational hazards by "designing them out"
- All pages beginning with "prevention"
- All pages with titles containing prevention
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Prevention.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.