|Founder||J. I. Rodale|
|Based in||New York, NY|
Founded in 1950 by J. I. Rodale, Prevention grew out of his interest in exploring the connection between human health and organic agriculture. The magazine launched with approximately 50,000 subscribers.
In 2018, Prevention was acquired by Hearst Magazines along with four other Rodale brands: Men's Health, Women's Health, Runner's World, and Bicycling. Today, Prevention is published in both the US and Australia.
- J. I. Rodale (1950–1971)
- Robert Rodale (1971–1990)
- Mark Bricklin (1991–1997)
- Anne Alexander (1997–2000)
- Elizabeth Crow (2001–2002)
- Rosemary Ellis (2003–2006)
- Liz Vaccariello (2006–2010)
- Diane Salvatore (2010–2012)
- Anne Alexander (2012–2014)
- Bruce Kelley (2014–2015)
- Barbara O'Dair (2016–2018)
- Jane Francisco (2018—present)
- "eCirc for Consumer Magazines". Audit Bureau of Circulations. December 31, 2014. Archived from the original on July 30, 2012. Retrieved June 24, 2015.
- "Prevention | Hearst". www.hearst.com. Retrieved 2018-11-05.
- Case, Andrew N. (2018-03-06). The Organic Profit: Rodale and the Making of Marketplace Environmentalism. University of Washington Press. p. 56. ISBN 978-0-295-74302-8.
- "Hearst's Acquisition of Rodale Brings Sweeping Changes to Several Titles - Folio". Folio. 2018-01-09. Retrieved 2018-11-05.