|Industry||Internet Services Comparison Shopping Distributed Content Commerce|
|Headquarters||Berlin, Germany (Headquarters); Singapore|
|Christian Schiller (Co-Founder) Louis Iskandar (Co-Founder) Philip Wegener (Managing Director)|
PricePanda is a price comparison shopping website and distributed content store, founded in 2012 by Christian Schiller and Louis Iskandar in Berlin. The managing director is Philip Wegener.
PricePanda operates in its markets by establishing business partnerships with merchants and retailers to provide information and price lists on a wide range of products. As of November 2014, the website’s database holds over 50,000 products and 100,000 prices for users to compare. Its product categories include cameras, computers, televisions, video, audio, software, smartphones, entertainment, navigation, fashion, health and beauty. The site serves as the data source for price comparisons of shopping websites.
PricePanda was launched in 2012. Today the business is present in nine countries in Southeast Asia, South Asia and Latin America: Year 2012 - Singapore,Indonesia and Malaysia, Year 2013 - Mexico and Philippines Year 2014 - Colombia and Argentina, Thailand, and India. In January 2014 PricePanda had redirected 1 million users to partners’ shops since the company’s launch in 2012.
PricePanda is also optimised for mobile: as of October 2014, 44% of total visitors come from smartphones and 9% - from tablets. In October 2013, the company launched its first mobile application for the Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia to enforce M-commerce in South East Asia. The app enables users to search for a product by its name and locate prices for thousands of products in order to find the best deals online and on the go. It also enables users to visit and contact merchants' and retailers' websites within the app. The mobile application is available on both iOS and Android (operating system).
In January 2014 PricePanda raised $3 million in funding from the large German retailer Tengelmann Group. According to the company the new funding will be used to expand the business in several other markets worldwide.
- PricePanda (2014-06-16). "PricePanda Philippines Launches Fashion!". Retrieved 2014-11-13.
- e27 (2012-09-20). "PricePanda bring price comparison to Singapore and Malaysia". Retrieved 2014-11-13.
- zdnet (2013-11-18). "More SEA shoppers comparing price via mobile". Retrieved 2014-11-13.
- bogotafreeplanet (2014-02-05). "Argentina and Colombia follow PricePanda's successful launch in Mexico". Retrieved 2014-11-13.
- e27 (2014-03-26). "Rocket Internet-backed PricePanda launches servers in Thailand". Retrieved 2014-11-13.
- tropicalpost (2014-03-08). "Rocket Internet backed PricePanda launches India operations". Retrieved 2014-11-13.
- e27 (2014-01-17). "Rocket Internet-backed PricePanda directs 1M people to partners' chops". Retrieved 2014-11-13.
- PricePanda (2014-10-29). "Online Shopping Trends in 2014". Retrieved 2014-11-13.
- wirelessduniya (2013-11-08). "PricePanda releases iPhone App to enforce M-Commerce in SEA". Retrieved 2014-11-13.
- Grzegorz Pawłowski (2013-10-03). "PricePanda launches a new Android app for southeast Asian markets". Retrieved 2014-11-13.
- TechinAsia (2013-10-03). "PricePanda now lets you compare prices through Android devices". Retrieved 2014-11-13.
- TechCrunch (2014-01-26). "PricePanda Raises $3M From German Retail Group Tengelmann". Retrieved 2014-11-13.