This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type of business||Subsidiary|
|Key people||Olivier Mathiot (CEO)|
|Products||Books, music, video, games, computing, high tech,Fashion, Home, food.|
PriceMinister is a French company that operates an online buying and selling platform for individuals and professionals, PriceMinister.com, which is the fifth most visited e-commerce website in France (after Leboncoin, Amazon, Cdiscount, eBay and Fnac). The website's model stands as a trusted third party, assuring the safety of the transaction for both parties. The company guarantees a total refund to the buyer if the product is not delivered, or found to be damaged on delivery as well as ensuring payment to the seller.
Founded in August 2000, PriceMinister counts 250 employees. The company was originally located in Paris, at 57 Boulevard de la Villette, in a former zeppelin factory dating from the 1880s. In June 2010, the company was bought out by Rakuten, the number one Japanese e-commerce site and fast expanding internet group. The company moved in January 2012 to the former department store "Au Reaumur” in the heart of Paris. In May 2014, four years after the acquisition by Rakuten, Pierre Kosciusko-Morizet and Pierre Krings announced that they will no longer be involved in the operational part of the group as CEO + COO Rakuten Europe and general director of PriceMinister. Olivier Mathiot, co-founder and former director of marketing and communications, has been promoted to CEO of PriceMinister.
PriceMinister is notorious for its spamming behavior. This aggressive marketing strategy targets its customers who experience tremendous difficulty opting out from various mailing lists.
- traffic based country rank from similarweb.com
- Wauters, Robin. "Rakuten to acquire France's PriceMinister for approximately €200 million". social.techcrunch.com.
- "Le bombing-mail, la solution au SPAM !". archives-lepost.huffingtonpost.fr. 22 August 2010.
- "Priceminister me pête les b.urnes - Café du Commerce". boursorama.com.
- "L'observatoire du Spam: PriceMinister". observatoireduspam.blogspot.fr.
- Guillaume (9 January 2010). "Vous avez reçu ce message car votre email est inscrit dans la base de données de Priceminister". vialet.org.
- "S'instruire avec les spams !". tontof.net.