Pricena(Arabic: برايسنا) is a shopping comparison engine serving the Middle East. The site was initially launched in 2013 in the United Arab Emirates, then expanded to Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and Qatar, as well as Nigeria, South Africa, and India. The origin of the name Pricena (pronounced Price-na) comes from a contraction of the words "Price" and "na", the latter meaning "our" in Arabic, thus forming "Our Price". The site allows online shoppers to compare prices of more than one million products from over 200 stores across the Middle East.
Below are the major milestones for Pricena:
- July 2013: Pricena was launched as a website in July 2013 in Dubai.
- January 2014: Pricena launches its website in Saudi Arabia with Arabic support.
- July 2014: Pricena launches in Egypt
- May 2015: Pricena launches its iOS app
- August 2015: Pricena launches its Android app
- December 2015: Pricena launches in Kuwait.
Online Startup of the Year 2015 Award
In November 2015, Pricena was recognized as the Online Startup of the Year for 2015 by Du Enterprise Agility Awards. The award’s criteria were based on a startup’s purpose to solve a specific and clear regional problem, its ability to attract a sizable audience and its potential to further grow in the region and beyond.
- "UAE's price comparison website steps into Saudi Arabia". Wamda.
- "Leading Middle East shopping comparison site Pricena.com launched in Kuwait". Mid East Information.
- "The Recap: Enterprise Agility Awards 2015". Entrepreneur.com.
|This article about a commerce website is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|