|Industry||Fashion, Textile , [Retail]|
|Mohammad Abdul Moyeed, Mohammad Abdul Moyeen and Mohammad Abdul Momen|
Pride Group is a vertical textile group engaged in the manufacture and export of knitwear products to the European Union, the USA and Canada. The group is also engaged in production and marketing of saris, kids wear, ladies' wear, home furnishing and other textile products through a chain of 66 retail outlets spread all over Bangladesh. As of date, Pride Group consists of H.R. Textiles Mills Limited, Fashion Knit Garments Limited, Dacca Textiles Limited, Pride Limited, Urban Truth and MODA.
Pride Group began its journey in 1958, when founder Halimur Rahman first established Dacca Textiles, and laid the foundation to what would eventually become Pride Limited. He came to the realization that much of the saris in popular demand at the time, were imported from neighbouring countries, and that locally hand-crafted materials were seldom used or appreciated. At the time of Dacca Textiles' inception, Rahman was employed in EPSCIC, and it is from this that he arrived at the idea of establishing a garment factory that would supply locally made saris for the women of Bangladesh.
Board of directors
Mohammad Abdul Moyeed (Managing Director), Dr. Mohammad Abdul Moyeen (Director) and Mohammad Abdul Momen (Director), sons of Halimur Rahman, compose the current board of Pride Group.
Pride Group was awarded 'Brand Excellence in Retail Sector' by the World Brand Congress in Singapore on 31 July 2014, in recognition for their leading brand, Pride Limited.
H.R. Textiles Mills Limited
H.R. Textiles Mills Limited is a vertical public limited company, engaged in manufacture of knitwear products. H.R. Textiles Mills is a Lycra assured factory. Zara, Bershka, New Look, Stradivarius, and El Corte Inglés are some of their clients.
Fashion Knit Garments Limited is engaged in manufacturing knitwear products, consisting of ladies tops, sports and active wear, children outerwear, and men's innerwear.
Dacca Textiles Limited
Dacca Textiles is involved in the manufacturing and processing of woven textiles. It is one of the oldest textile processors in Bangladesh.
Pride Limited, in its present form, started with the setting up of a retail outlet at TMC Bhaban in 1991. Its professional team now manages 70 outlets that successfully cater to the needs of a clientele base spread all over Bangladesh. Pride Limited was previously known as Pride Textiles.
Launched in 2010, MODA caters to an elite, exclusive clientele of Dhaka society.
MODA products are inherently party-wear for the Dhaka socialista, which include luxe saris with intricate work, hand stitched kameezes and party shoewear, such as Swarovski- studded heels.
Launched alongside of MODA in 2010, Urban Truth specifically targets the younger segment of Dhaka society, providing clothing that is fresh, youthful and relevant in the international fashion arena.
Urban Truth deals in knitwear, that is manufactured entirely by HR Textiles Mills Ltd. and Fashion Knit Garments Ltd. They also provide woven options, and shoe and jewelry line.
- [The Daily Star - http://www.thedailystar.net/pages.php?id=05&date=2011-02-21 Taking pride in a brand, Monday 21 February 2011]
- Pride dazzles with High Fashion
- Pride Offers new products, The News Today, Sunday 9 October 2005
- Pride opens new branch in Banani, New Age Timeout, Sunday 9 October 2005
- Baishakh with Pride, Sanam Amin, X8, New Age Glitz, Friday 11 April 2008
- Pride Eid Collection 2006, Cover Story, Sanam Amin, Trends magazine, Tuesday 5 September 2006
- Pride Textiles is a Bigger Family Now, Cover Story, Page 7, Family and Style, JaiJaiDin, Friday 1 September 2006
- New Age Eid Fashion 2005
- Snazzy, Jazzy Pride, Page 4, Probe News magazine, Vol.5 Issue 10, September 2006
- Pride Textiles-Trends and Tradition
- The Daily Star article
- Probe News Magazine article
- Baishakh with Pride
- Participant List of Dhaka Intl. Trade fair 2008
- H.R. Textiles on the CSE
- Dacca Textiles Limited
- The New York Times: CounterSourcing Inc. and Pride Group
- The Daily Star-Aromatic Gold Dhaka Fashion Week 2008
- M. A. Momen, member of Advisory Board of Pearl fashion Institute
- HR Textile okays 5pc dividend
- Tint of glamour
- Pride Fall Collection 2009 at DFW 2009
- Pride in the Times Of India
- Pride in New Age DFW 2009 heats up the runway
- Pride in New Age's Timeout
- Urban Truth in Bhorer Kagoj, 13 February 2011
- Urban Truth in Lifestyle, 2 February 2011
- MODA in Lifestyle, 4 August 2010
- "Taking Pride In a Brand", The Daily Star, 21 February 2011
- Couture Conundrum by Sabrina F Ahmed, Lifestyle, 2 October 2012
- "World Brand Congress: Award Winners 2014"