|Origin||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|Associated acts||3 Inches of Blood|
Pride Tiger was a Canadian hard rock music group based in Vancouver, British Columbia. The band members were vocalist and drummer Matt Wood, guitarists Bob Froese and Sunny Dhak, and bassist Mike Payette.
Pride Tiger formed 2005 in Vancouver. The name "Pride Tiger" came from a mix of "Ride the Tiger" (a lyric from the Dio song, "Holy Diver") and "Pride Pops" (a drink similar to apple cider). Dhak, Froese and Wood were all former members of 3 Inches of Blood; Payette was a former member of S.T.R.E.E.T.S.
The band released their debut EP in 2006. They subsequently signed with EMI Music Canada, who released their full-length debut album, The Lucky Ones, in June 2007. In 2008 the band performed at the South by South West festival.
The band's single "White Witch Woman Blues" was playlisted on CBC Radio 3 and other Canadian radio stations. It was noted, by many fans and other musicians - including Alice Cooper - that Pride Tiger bore a resemblance to the classic rock band Thin Lizzy.
As of June 2009, the band had broken up. Froese and Payette went on to open a coffee shop together.
- Wood, Dhak, Froese, Payette EP (2006)
- The Lucky Ones (2007)
- Pride Tiger press feature (Vancouver Province), 12 July 2007
- " Pride Tiger The Lucky Ones". AllMusic Review by Tim Sendra
- "Pride Tiger The Lucky Ones". Exclaim!, By Rob Nay Aug 14, 2007
- "SXSW: Canadian Pride". NOW Toronto, March 16, 2008
- Pride Tiger review & interview, 2 September 2013
- "PRIDE TIGER". NOW Toronto, by Tim Perlich June 28, 2007
- "OLD FRIENDS STRIVE TO KEEP IT LOCAL". BeatRoute, 11th, March 2013 Sarah Bauer