Pride and Prejudice (1980 TV series)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Pride and Prejudice|
|Written by||Fay Weldon|
|Directed by||Cyril Coke|
|Music by||Wilfred Josephs|
|Country of origin||UK|
|No. of series||1|
|No. of episodes||5|
|Running time||55 minutes (per episode)|
|Picture format||PAL 576i|
|Original release||13 January –|
10 February 1980
The novel has been the subject of numerous television and film adaptations — this was the fifth adaptation for the BBC. Other BBC television versions aired in 1938, 1952, 1958, 1967 and 1995.
- Elizabeth Garvie as Elizabeth Bennet
- David Rintoul as Fitzwilliam Darcy
- Peter Settelen as George Wickham
- Priscilla Morgan as Mrs. Bennet
- Moray Watson as Mr. Bennet
- Sabina Franklyn as Jane Bennet
- Natalie Ogle as Lydia Bennet
- Tessa Peake-Jones as Mary Bennet
- Clare Higgins as Kitty Bennet
- Osmund Bullock as Charles Bingley
- Marsha Fitzalan as Caroline Bingley
- Jennifer Granville as Mrs. Hurst
- Edward Arthur as Mr. Hurst
- Irene Richard as Charlotte Lucas
- Malcolm Rennie as Mr. Collins
- Elizabeth Stewart as Lady Lucas
- Peter Howell as Sir William Lucas
- Judy Parfitt as Lady Catherine de Bourgh
- Moir Leslie as Anne de Bourgh
- Emma Jacobs as Georgiana Darcy
- Desmond Adams as Colonel Fitzwilliam
- Shirley Cain as Mrs. Phillips
- Barbara Shelley as Mrs. Gardiner
- Michael Lees as Mr. Gardiner
|No.||Title||Original air date|
|1||"Episode 1"||13 January 1980|
|When Mr. Bingley comes to live in the neighborhood, Mrs. Bennet considers him the rightful property of one of her five unmarried daughters.|
|2||"Episode 2"||20 January 1980|
|Mr. Collins, who will in time inherit Longbourn, seeks a reconciliation with the Bennet family. He intends to choose one of the girls for a wife.|
|3||"Episode 3"||27 January 1980|
|Mr. Bingley's abrupt departure to London has hurt Jane deeply and Elizabeth is convinced the disagreeable Mr. Darcy was to blame as surely as he was for the misfortunes of Mr. Wickham.|
|4||"Episode 4"||3 February 1980|
|Elizabeth found the manner of Mr. Darcy's proposal insulting and unworthy of a gentleman, but now that she has learned the truth about Wickham, she grows ashamed of her former prejudice.|
|5||"Episode 5"||10 February 1980|
|Elizabeth has visited Pemberley and met Mr. Darcy again. Knowing now that her first impressions were unjustified, she has begun to regret lost opportunities.|
- "Pride and Prejudice". 13 January 1980. p. 45. Archived from the original on 1 June 2021. Retrieved 9 April 2021 – via BBC Genome.
- "Pride and Prejudice". 13 February 1980. p. 59. Archived from the original on 23 June 2021. Retrieved 9 April 2021 – via BBC Genome.
- "BFI Screenonline: Pride and Prejudice (1980)". www.screenonline.org.uk.
- "CTVA US Anthology – "Masterpiece Theatre" (PBS) Season 11 (1980–81)". ctva.biz.
- "Clash of the Darcys | lady.co.uk". lady.co.uk. Archived from the original on 23 June 2021. Retrieved 9 April 2021.
- "The Pride and Prejudice years". 24 September 2015. Archived from the original on 23 June 2021. Retrieved 9 April 2021.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived (PDF) from the original on 23 June 2021. Retrieved 9 April 2021.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)