Prieto Diaz, Sorsogon
Map of Sorsogon with Prieto Diaz highlighted
|Region||Bicol (Region V)|
|Legislative district||2nd district of Sorsogon|
|• Mayor||Benito L. Doma (LP)|
|• Total||49.07 km2 (18.95 sq mi)|
|• Density||420/km2 (1,100/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||56|
The town of Prieto Diaz was once a Visita of the old Municipality of Bacon (now Bacon District of Sorsogon City). The town was given its present name of the two Bicolano martyrs, Father Gabriel Prieto (1853–1897) and Father Severino Diaz (1862–1897) when it became independent from the Municipality of Bacon on October 12, 1903 by virtue of Act 940 of the Philippine Commission. Prieto Diaz was the only town organized after Sorsogon became a Province on October 17, 1894.
Prieto Diaz is 387 km (241 mi) southeast of Manila, 150 km(31m) east-southeast of Legazpi City the regional center and 20 km (12.4 mi) north-north-east of Sorsogon City the provincial capital. North of Prieto Diaz across the Albay Gulf is Rapu-Rapu, Albay, on the west is Bacon District of Sorsogon City and on the south is Gubat, Sorsogon while Pacific Ocean is on the east. It is also the easternmost point on the Island of Luzon.
Prieto Diaz has a tropical climate. There is significant rainfall throughout the year in Prieto Diaz. Even the driest month still has a lot of rainfall. According to Köppen and Geiger climate is classified as Af. The average annual temperature in Prieto Diaz is 27.1 °C. The average annual rainfall is 2965 mm. The driest month is April with 119 mm. Most precipitation falls in December, with an average of 514 mm. The warmest month of the year is June with an average temperature of 28.2 °C. In January, the average temperature is 25.6 °C. It is the lowest average temperature of the whole year.The difference in precipitation between the driest month and the wettest month is 395 mm. The average temperatures vary during the year by 2.6 °C.
Typhoons are an especially frequent and destructive menace in the Bicol region. The months of September, October and November experience the more destructive of these violent tropical storms. Forty percent of the storms carrying high-velocity winds in the Philippine pass through Southeastern Luzon where Prieto Diaz is located.
|Climate data for Prieto Diaz|
|Average high °C (°F)||29.0
|Average low °C (°F)||22.3
|Average rainfall mm (inches)||349
The following are the elected officials of Prieto Diaz, Sorsogon for the term 2013-2016
|Mayor||Benito Doma (LP)|
|Vice Mayor||Edwin Destajo (LP)|
|Brillante (Pob.)||Rural||624||Florante D. Detecio|
|Bulawan||Rural||827||Manuel S. Barcela, Sr.|
|Calao||Rural||1,786||Rey E. Llona|
|Carayat||Rural||810||Melvin E. Demdam|
|Diamante||Rural||1,581||Edwin D. Emaas|
|Lupi||Rural||726||Alexander D. Detablan|
|Maningcay De Oro||Urban||1,234||Glenda D. Eva|
|Manlabong||Rural||793||Bienvenido D. Ayo|
|Perlas||Rural||405||Criselda A. Domanais|
|Quidolog||Rural||842||Pablo D. Destura|
|Rizal||Rural||863||Elvira E. Oandasan|
|San Antonio||Rural||481||Melchor D. Bayoca|
|San Fernando||Rural||1,482||Luis Lee E. Espena, Jr.|
|San Isidro||Rural||1,212||Joseph L. Domagtoy|
|San Juan||Rural||687||Filander D. Dumasig|
|San Rafael||Rural||655||Ruben E. Esplana|
|San Ramon||Rural||452||Jose C. Estipona, Jr.|
|Santa Lourdes||Rural||959||Mario A. Domdom|
|Santo Domingo||Rural||285||Leonardo D. Golena|
|Talisayan||Rural||781||Ma. Melissa B. Diolata|
|Tupaz||Rural||409||Ramil A. Dematera|
|Ulag||Rural||989||Rogelio D. Ebuenga, Sr.|
|Population census of Prieto Diaz|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
Prieto Diaz have 19 elementary schools and 3 secondary schools directly supervised by Department of Education-Division of Sorsogon.
List of Primary Schools
- Bulawan Elementary School
- Calao Elementary School
- Carayat Elementary School
- Gogon Elementary School
- Lupi Elementary School
- Manlabong Elementary School
- Nenita E. Oandasan Memorial School
- Prieto Diaz Central School
- Quidolog Elementary School
- San Antonio Elementary School
- San Fernando Elementary School
- San Isidro Elementary School
- San Juan Elementary School
- San Rafael Elementary School
- San Ramon Elementary School
- Santa Lourdes Elementary School
- Santo Domingo Primary School
- Talisayan Elementary School
- Ulag Elementary School
List of Secondary Schools
- Calao National High School
- Manlabong National High School
- Prieto Diaz National High School
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- "Province: Sorsogon". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- The Philippine Island World: A Physical, Cultural, and Regional Geography, p. 411, at Google Books
- "An Act to Convert the Sitio of Carayat, in the Municipality of Prieto Diaz, Province of Sorsogon, into a Barrio". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-11.
- "Province of Sorsogon". Municipality Population Data. LWUA Research Division. Retrieved 25 July 2013.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|Sorsogon City||Philippine Sea|