Primal (video game)
|Developer(s)||SCE Studio Cambridge|
|Publisher(s)||Sony Computer Entertainment|
Jennifer Tate (Hudson Leick) is pretty ordinary – or so she thinks. Sure, her life has been tough, losing both her parents as a baby and growing up in a string of foster homes. But Jen is a fighter – she knows how to get by. Now 21 years old, she works as a waitress, scraping together money to put herself through college. Jen lives with her boyfriend Lewis (Eric Loren), lead singer in an up and coming rock band. It is hard to believe that it was almost two years ago that fate brought them together, two souls more alike than either can quite comprehend.
Just lately, Lewis has been having really bad nightmares. Dreams that make no sense, dreams that he can't even begin to explain to Jen. Then one night, as his band nears the end of their set, Lewis spots a huge, staring, misshapen figure. He is unnerved and leaves the stage in a sweat – even Jen is unable to reassure him – something is not right.
As they leave the club, Lewis's nightmares become real. A monstrous creature bellows into the night. Jen is knocked to the ground, hitting her head hard. As she blacks out, her last vision is of her boyfriend, lifted away into the night-sky as if he were a rag doll.
As Jen slips in and out of consciousness, images of doctors and nurses standing over her give way to visions of talking stone gargoyles. She sits up, looks down on her still unconscious body. Scree (Andreas Katsulas), servant of Arella, goddess of Order, is a about to change her life, forever.
- "Primal for PlayStation 2 Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved 2014-04-12.
- Edge staff (March 2003). "Primal". Edge (121): 92.
- EGM Staff (May 2003). "Primal". Electronic Gaming Monthly (166): 126. Archived from the original on 2004-03-30. Retrieved 2014-04-12.
- Reed, Kristan (2003-04-11). "Primal Review". Eurogamer.
- Helgeson, Matt (May 2003). "Primal". Game Informer (121): 80. Archived from the original on 2008-09-18. Retrieved 2014-04-12.
- Dan Elektro (2003-03-25). "Primal Review for PS2 on GamePro.com". GamePro. Archived from the original on 2005-02-09. Retrieved 2014-04-12.
- Liu, Johnny (April 2003). "Primal Review". Game Revolution. Retrieved 2014-04-12.
- Kasavin, Greg (2003-03-24). "Primal Review". GameSpot. Retrieved 2014-04-12.
- Nutt, Christian (2003-04-03). "GameSpy: Primal". GameSpy. Retrieved 2014-04-12.
- Valentino, Nick (2003-03-30). "Primal - PS2 - Review". GameZone. Archived from the original on 2008-02-10. Retrieved 2014-04-12.
- Dunham, Jeremy (2003-03-24). "Primal". IGN. Retrieved 2014-04-12.
- Baker, Chris (May 2003). "Primal". Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine: 93. Archived from the original on 2004-06-04. Retrieved 2014-04-12.
- Saltzman, Marc (2003-04-15). "Virtual getaways await in 'Primal', 'Vendetta'". The Cincinnati Enquirer. Archived from the original on 2008-01-22. Retrieved 2014-04-12.