Primary Health Properties
|Public real estate investment trust|
|Traded as||LSE: PHP|
|Revenue||£121.3 million (2019)|
|£4.6 million (2019)|
|£(71.3) million (2019)|
Primary Health Properties plc is a British-based real estate investment trust, specialising in the rental of flexible and modern primary healthcare facilities within the United Kingdom and Ireland. The company is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is also a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index
The company was incorporated in 1995, floated on the Alternative Investment Market in 1996, and listed on the London Stock Exchange in November 1998. The firm switched to Real Estate Investment Trust status when REITs were introduced in the United Kingdom in January 2007.
In September 2018 it bought an accommodation block next to Wansbeck General Hospital in September 2018, and also acquired Jellia Holdings, the owner of three purpose-built primary care centres in Navan Road, Dublin, Newbridge, County Kildare and Celbridge.
In 2020 it raised £140 million through a placing of 96.6 million shares to fund future acquisitions.
As at 31 December 2019, it had a property portfolio worth approximately £2.4 billion. 90% of the rent roll is paid for by the NHS, 9% is due from pharmacies.
PHP uses one organisation, Nexus Tradeco Limited (Nexus Tradeco), as manager, rather than employing its own administrative staff; it has no actual employees. The managing company have representation on the board; the managing director is also the managing director of Nexus Tradeco Limited.
- "Annual Report 2019". Primary Health Properties. Retrieved 3 March 2020.
- Chester, GA (2010-09-24). "A Guide To REITs". The Motley Fool. Retrieved 2010-09-25.
- "Investor buys Wansbeck General Hospital building". Insider Media. 19 September 2018. Retrieved 14 October 2018.
- "Primary Health Properties buys three more centres". Irish Times. 5 September 2018. Retrieved 14 October 2018.
- McCarthy, Sebastian (24 January 2019). "Real estate merger to form biggest ever UK healthcare property investor". City AM.
- "Primary Health Properties bulks up after completing MedicX deal". Proactive Investors. 6 June 2019. Retrieved 3 March 2020.
- "Covid-19 legacy will be a shot in the arm for Primary Health Properties". Investment Trust Insider. 3 August 2020. Retrieved 30 August 2020.
- "Primary Health Properties acquires 300th primary care centre". Property Funds World. 31 May 2017. Retrieved 5 July 2017.
- 2011 Annual Report, p. 21
- 2011 Annual Report, p. 18
- 2009 Annual Report, p. 24