Prime Minister's Department
|Jabatan Perdana Menteri (JPM)|
|Jurisdiction||Government of Malaysia|
|Headquarters||Perdana Putra, Federal Government Administrative Centre, 62502 Putrajaya|
|Deputy Minister responsible|
The Prime Minister's Department (Malay: Jabatan Perdana Menteri, abbreviated JPM) is a federal government ministry in Malaysia. It is headed by the Prime Minister of Malaysia followed by other ministers in the Prime Minister's Department. The Department consists of the Prime Minister's Office, the Deputy Prime Minister's Office and more than 50 other government agencies and entities. The Prime Minister's Department was established in July 1957. Its headquarters are in Perdana Putra, Putrajaya.
Formerly known as General Administration, Prime Minister’s Department. The Department was organized into an Innovation and Human Resource Management Division, a Finance Division, a Development Division, an Accounts Division, a Management Services Division, an Internal Audit Division, a Corporate Communications Unit Division, an Events Management Division and a Legal Advisor Office Division. All nine (9) divisions are reporting to the Senior Deputy Secretary-General and assisted by the two Deputy Secretary-General which are Deputy Secretary-General (Financial and Development) and Deputy Secretary-General (Management).
Roles and function
- Providing support services including administration, finance, human resource management, security, social and other services to staff of the Prime Minister's Department, according to the rules and regulations, and directives that have been set.
- Management of staff quarters, office spaces and rest and recreational facilities to provide conducive and comfortable environment for the civil servants.
- Management of all property owned by the Federal Government efficiently and effectively.
- Improvement of the quality of the Malaysian Civil Service to be more efficient, effective, responsive and with integrity, and cultivating and promoting the usage of information technology in the public service.
- Providing efficient, quality and effective services to the Cabinet and the Chief Secretary who is also acting as Secretary to the Cabinet, as well as tracking and monitoring of implementation of Government decisions.
- As a reference centre for all issues pertaining to security and protection encompassing physical security, documents and personnel formulating, issuing and establishing the security policy to be properly implemented.
- Managing State Protocol and Ceremonies, Conferment of Federal Awards, Official Visits by Foreign Heads of State and Dignitaries, International Conferences and Putrajaya International Convention Centre, with the highest standard of excellence.
- Establishing the coordination of the National Economic Development policies, strategies and programs for the medium and long terms in a structured, planned, efficient and proper manner, in order to strengthen the country's competitiveness, to promote economic growth, to promote public-private sector cooperation, to intensify the k-economy, and to promote the country’s socio-economic developments.
- Central agency that monitors implementation of policies, strategies, programs and development projects, as well as resolves related issues efficiently and effectively, to ensure they are implemented in line with the national development goals.
- Ensuring the formulation and coordination as well as the implementation of policies relating to national security and the direction of the security measures undertaken by well-planned, comprehensive and integrated.
- Enforcement of law and order under any federal law.
- Improving the quality of Maritime law enforcement coordination and involvement of National Maritime elements in any maritime duty to ensure Malaysia's sovereignty and the security of protected waters and to safeguard maritime interests from encroachment.
- Planning, designing, formulating and monitoring the maritime enforcement policies as well as assisting the Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency (APMM) in becoming a competent agency by providing equipments and infrastructure through development and acquisition.
- Improvements and standardisations of procedures and best practices in matters relating to ‘ waqf, zakat’ and charity nationwide; and stepping up on the monitoring and coordination of policies and regulations pertaining to pilgrimage.
- Establishment of the Islamic Law in pertaining to the standardisation of administration in the Syariah Court to be adopted at every state.
- Preparation and implementation of law administration based on Islamic Law in a fair and effective manner through acts that have been approved.
- Establishment of authoritative and current fatwas based on the Al-Qur'an, As-Sunnah, Ijmak and Qias and other venerated resources, as well as to produce competent instructors in the teaching of Islam who adhere to the practices of Ahli Sunnah Wal-Jemaah.
- Providing legal assistance, advice and mediation services are provided to those who are less fortunate.
- Ensuring that Department administration and court development matters are planned, coordinated and implemented in an efficient, orderly and effective manner, as well as helps in improving the administration of the country’s legal and judiciary systems.
- Ensuring that all cases registered in court the Court of law can be resolved quickly, fairly and based according to on the principal principles of national law and that are respected and trusted by all parties.
- Ensuring that insolvency administrative matters and services are implemented in accordance with legal requirements and customers’ needs in an efficient, prompt and effective manner.
- Ensuring that human resources, finances, equipments and infrastructure are sufficient and appropriate at for the respective Departments to carry out their roles and duties effectively.
- Assisting the public who are having problems with the public administrative machinery for the treatment of recovering and exploit unfounded complaints as being input to government agencies to enhance accountability, quality and productivity of public services.
- Enhancement of knowledge, expertise, quality and performance of officers in the civil service, statutory bodies and local authorities that has involved in the fields of judicial, legal and law enforcement to create a fair, efficient and effective service through systematic and planned training.
- Acting as liaison between the States of Sabah, and Sarawak and the Federal Government in the facilitation of Federal projects and matters that are of concern to the Prime Minister.
- Ensuring the provision, interpretation and dissemination of latest statistics that are of quality, more efficient and effective for the establishment of development planning policy implementation.
- Protecting and promoting human rights in Malaysia.
- Development of rural communities, in particular the target groups of PERDA and FELDA in all socio-economic areas through human development, economic and physical development focusing on improving the standard of living.
- Human Rights Commission of Malaysia, or Suruhanjaya Hak Asasi Manusia Malaysia (SUHAKAM). (Official site)
- Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC), or Suruhanjaya Pencegahan Rasuah Malaysia (SPRM). (Official site)
- Public Services Commission of Malaysia (PSC), or Suruhanjaya Perkhidmatan Awam Malaysia (SPA). (Official site)
- Education Service Commission Malaysia (ESC), or Suruhanjaya Perkhidmatan Pelajaran Malaysia (SPP). (Official site)
- Judicial Appointments Commission (JAC), or Suruhanjaya Perlantikan Kehakiman (SPK). (Official site)
- Land Public Transport Commission (LPTC), or Suruhanjaya Pengangkutan Awam Darat (SPAD). (Official site)
- Enforcement Agency Integrity Commission (EAIC), or Suruhanjaya Integriti Agensi Penguatkuasaan (SIAP). (Official site)
- Election Commission of Malaysia (EC), or Suruhanjaya Pilihan Raya Malaysia (SPR). (Official site)
- Public Service Department of Malaysia (PSD), or Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam Malaysia (JPA). (Official site)
- National Institute of Public Administration, or Institut Tadbiran Awam Negara (INTAN). (Official site)
- Implementation Coordination Unit (ICU), or Unit Penyelarasan Pelaksanaan. (Official site)
- Federal Development Department of Sabah, or Pejabat Pembangunan Persekutuan Negeri Sabah. (Official site)
- Economic Planning Unit (EPU), or Unit Perancang Ekonomi (UPE). (Official site)
- Malaysia Administrative Modernisation and Management Planning Unit (MAMPU), or Unit Pemodenan Tadbiran dan Perancangan Pengurusan Malaysia. (Official site)
- Public Private Partnership Unit, or Unit Kerjasama Awam Swasta (UKAS). (Official site)
Departments and Agencies
- Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency (MMEA), or Agensi Penguatkuasaan Maritim Malaysia (APMM). (Official site)
- Legal Affairs Division, or Bahagian Hal Ehwal Undang-Undang (BHEUU). (Official site)
- Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Affairs Division, or Bahagian Hal Ehwal Penguatkuasaan Maritim Malaysia (BHEPMM). (Official site)
- Ceremonial and International Conference Secretariat Division, or Bahagian Istiadat dan Urusetia Persidangan Antarabangsa (BIUPA). (Official site)
- Cabinet, Constitution and Inter-Government Relation, or Bahagian Kabinet, Perlembagaan dan Perhubungan Antara Kerajaan (BKPP). (Official site)
- Property and Land Management Division, or Bahagian Pengurusan Hartanah (BPH). (Official site)
- Research Division, or Bahagian Penyelidikan.
- Malaysian External Intelligence Organisation (MEIO), or Pertubuhan Perisikan Luar Malaysia.
- Public Complaints Bureau (PCB), or Biro Pengaduan Awam (BPA). (Official site)
- National Civics Bureau, or Biro Tatanegara (BTN). (Official site)
- Judicial and Legal Training Institute, or Institut Latihan Kehakiman dan Perundangan (ILKAP). (Official site)
- National Audit Department, or Jabatan Audit Negara. (Official site)
- Syariah Judiciary Department Malaysia, or Jabatan Kehakiman Syariah Malaysia (JKSM). (Official site)
- Federal Territory Syariah Court, or Mahkamah Syariah Wilayah Persekutuan (MSWP). (Official site)
- Malaysia Department of Islamic Development, or Jabatan Kemajuan Islam Malaysia (JAKIM). (Official site)
- Department of Federal Territory Islamic Affairs, or Jabatan Agama Wilayah Persekutuan (JAWI). (Official site)
- Parliament of Malaysia, or Parlimen Malaysia. (Official site)
- Department of Statistics Malaysia (DOSM), or Jabatan Perangkaan Malaysia. (Official site)
- Department of National Unity and Integration, or Jabatan Perpaduan Negara dan Integrasi Nasional (JPNIN). (Official site)
- Attorney General's Chambers (AGC), or Jabatan Peguam Negara. (Official site)
- Department of Awqaf, Zakat and Haji, or Jabatan Wakaf, Zakat dan Haji (JAWHAR). (Official site)
- Advisory Board, or Lembaga Penasihat (LP). (Official site)
- Sabah Commercial Vehicle Licensing Board, or Lembaga Pelesenan Kenderaan Perdagangan Sabah (LPKP Sabah). (Official site)
- Sarawak Commercial Vehicle Licensing Board, or Lembaga Pelesenan Kenderaan Perdagangan Sarawak (LPKP Sarawak). (Official site)
- National Security Council, or Majlis Keselamatan Negara (MKN). (Official site)
- Prime Minister's Office (PMO), or Pejabat Perdana Menteri. (Official site)
- Chief Government Security Office (CGSO), or Pejabat Ketua Pegawai Keselamatan Kerajaan (KPKK). (Official site)
- Federal Territory Mufti's Office, Pejabat Mufti Wilayah Persekutuan. (Official site)
- Office of the Chief Registrar Federal Court of Malaysia, or Pejabat Ketua Pendaftar Mahkamah Persekutuan Malaysia. (Official site)
- Office of the Science Advisor (OSA), or Pejabat Penasihat Sains. (Official site)
- Prime Minister's Department (PMD) or Jabatan Perdana Menteri (JPM). (Official site)
- Special Innovation Unit, or Unit Inovasi Khas (UNIK).
- National Palace of Malaysia, or Istana Negara Malaysia. (Official site)
- Office of the Keeper of the Rulers' Seal the Conference of Rulers', or Pejabat Penyimpan Mohor Besar Raja-Raja Malaysia. (Official site)
- Secretariat Office of Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad, or Pejabat Urusetia Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad.
- Secretariat Office of Tun Abdullah Haji Ahmad Badawi, or Pejabat Urusetia Tun Abdullah Ahmad Badawi (PTAB). (Official site)
- Seranta (FELDA) Office, or Pejabat Seranta (FELDA). (Official site)
- Sabah Federal Secretary Office, or Pejabat Setiausaha Persekutuan Sabah. (Official site)
- Sarawak Federal Secretary Office, or Pejabat Setiausaha Persekutuan Sarawak. (Official site)
- PERMATA Division, or Bahagian PERMATA. (Official site)
- FELDA Regulatory Unit, or Unit Kawal Selia FELDA (UKSF). (Official site)
- Performance Management and Delivery Unit (PEMANDU), or Unit Pengurusan Prestasi dan Pelaksanaan. (Official site)
- Protection Division, or Bahagian Perlindungan (UPS). (Official site)
- Eastern Sabah Security Command (ESSCOM), or Kawasan Keselamatan Khas Pantai Timur Sabah. (Official site)
- Federal Territories Director Of Lands And Mines Office, or Pejabat Pengarah Tanah dan Galian Wilayah Persekutuan (PTGWP). (Official site)
- Federal Territories Land Executive Committee Secretariat, or Urusetia Jawatankuasa Kerja Tanah Wilayah Persekutuan (UJKT). (Official site)
- Integrity and Governance Committee, or Jawatankuasa Integriti dan Tadbir Urus (JITU). (Official site)
- Post-Flood Recovery Unit, or Unit Pemulihan Pasca Banjir (UPPB). (Official site)
- Malaysia Civil Defence Department, or Jabatan Pertahanan Awam Malaysia (JPAM). (Official site)
- Federal Land Development Authority (FELDA), or Lembaga Kemajuan Tanah Persekutuan. (Official site)
- Pilgrimage Fund Board, or Lembaga Tabung Haji (LTH). (Official site)
- Penang Regional Development Authority (PERDA), or Lembaga Kemajuan Wilayah Pulau Pinang. (Official site)
- Federal Territory Islamic Religious Council, or Majlis Agama Islam Wilayah Persekutuan (MAIWP). (Official site)
- National Innovation Agency Malaysia, or Agensi Inovasi Malaysia (AIM). (Official site)
Under the Companies Act
- Malaysian Institute of Integrity, or Institut Integriti Malaysia (IIM). (Official site)
- Malaysian Industry-Government Group for High Technology (MiGHT), or Kumpulan Industri-Kerajaan bagi Teknologi Tinggi. (Official site)
- Talent Corporation Malaysia Berhad (TalentCorp), or Perbadanan Bakat Malaysia Berhad. (Official site)
- Bumiputera Agenda Steering Unit, or Unit Peneraju Agenda Bumiputera (TERAJU). (Official site)
- PEMANDU Corporation, or Perbadanan PEMANDU.
- UNIK Corporation, or Perbadanan UNIK.
- Institute of Islamic Understanding, or Institiut Kefahaman Islam Malaysia (IKIM). (Official site)
- "Government Directory: Prime Minister's Department". Office of the Prime Minister of Malaysia. 8 July 2011. Retrieved 28 July 2011.
- "History of Prime Minister's Department" (PDF). Office of the Prime Minister of Malaysia. Retrieved 28 July 2011.
- "Commissions under Prime Minister's Department". Prime Minister's Department. 8 May 2014. Retrieved 29 July 2015.
- "Central Agencies under Prime Minister's Department". Prime Minister's Department. 1 Nov 2012. Retrieved 29 July 2015.
- "Departments and Agencies under Prime Minister's Department". Prime Minister's Department. 20 July 2015. Retrieved 29 July 2015.
- "Statutory Bodies under Prime Minister's Department". Prime Minister's Department. 8 May 2014. Retrieved 29 July 2015.
- "Companies under Prime Minister's Department". Prime Minister's Department. 1 Nov 2012. Retrieved 29 July 2015.
Media related to Prime Ministers Office (Malaysia) at Wikimedia Commons