Prime Minister's Office (Israel)
|משרד ראש הממשלה|
|Jurisdiction||Government of Israel|
Israeli Prime Minister's Office (Hebrew: משרד ראש הממשלה) is the Israeli government office responsible for coordinating the work of all governmental ministry offices and assisting the Israeli Prime Minister in his daily work.
The Prime Minister's Office is responsible for formulating the Israeli cabinet's policy, conducting its cabinet meetings, as well as responsible for the foreign diplomatic relations with countries around the world, and supervising and overseeing the implementation of the Cabinet's policy. In addition, it is in charge of other governmental bodies, which are directly under the Prime Minister responsibilities. Unlike many other countries, the Office of the Prime Minister of Israel does not serve as his residence.
- National Security Council of Israel – National security counseling to the Prime Minister of Israel, security recommendations to the Cabinet of Israel, guiding and coordinating between the various security bodies of Israel, supervising and overseeing the implementation of the decisions concerning the various security bodies.
- Atomic Energy Commission – responsible for the nuclear activities of Israel.
- Israel Institute for Biological Research – engaged in research of biology, microbiology, and chemistry, and is known for developing preemptive defendable means against biological and chemical weapons.
- Mossad – The Israeli intelligence body.
- Shin Bet – internal security service of Israel.
- National Economic Council – Economic counseling to the Prime Minister of Israel, and assisting him with formulating the economic policy, while designated to focus on the long term planning.
- Government Appellation Committee – determines the Hebrew names for the Israeli geographical places, and its decisions are binding for all state institutions.
- Lapam – (acronym for [Israel's] Governmental Publications Bureau) – A unit within the Prime Minister's office serving as an advertising agency for all governmental ministry offices, and other governmental or public bodies.
- La'am – (acronym for [Israel's] Governmental Press Bureau) – A unit within the Prime Minister's office responsible for handing Journalist diploma for Israeli mass media workers and giving a Journalist visa to foreign Journalists staying in Israel. In addition, it is in charge of coordinating between the Cabinet of Israel and the foreign Journalists community staying in Israel on media activities matters.
- Israel Central Bureau of Statistics – an Israeli governmental body responsible to carry out research and publish statistical data on all aspects of Israeli life, including population, society, economy, industry, education and physical infrastructure, that will serve the decision makers and the public.
- Israel State Archive
- National Authority for Religious Services (previously Religious Services ministry).
- Minhelet Sela – A governmental directorate responsible for the evacuees of the Israel's unilateral disengagement plan, especially for finding them an alternative dwelling places, compensations, livelihood and psychological support on adjustment.
- Pensioner Affairs Minister of Israel (or ministrations) – A unit within the Prime Minister's office responsible for Pensioners, elders and the Holocaust survivors. Currently, The Prime Minister himself, Benjamin Netanyahu is the Minister for Pensioner Affairs.
- Lapam website, main page
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Prime Minister's Office (Israel).|