|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Presented by||Pamela Silva Conde (2011–present)
Michelle Galvan (2017–present)
Jackie Guerrido (weather forecaster)
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Original release||February 14, 1994– present|
|Preceded by||Noticias y Mas|
Primer Impacto (First Impact) is a Spanish-language television news program broadcast by Univision in the U.S. and in Mexico weekdays at 5pm ET. A later program at 11pm ET/PT (Primer Impacto Extra) airs on Univision affiliates without a local news department (and the national cable feed), leading into the network's 11:30pm newscast, Noticiero Univision Edicion Nocturna. The principal anchors are Michelle Galvan and Pamela Silva Conde. During the weekends the anchor is Natalia Cruz. Verónica Del Castillo also replaces anchors and have reporting duties from Mexico City. Jackie Guerrido does weather on weekdays and Paola Elorza does weather on weekends. Félix Fernández and Fernando Fiore present the sports segment Republica Deportiva.
The program was preceded by Noticias y Mas ("News and More") in 1991 with Raul Peimbert and Jackie Nespral anchoring. Nespral left the show later that year and was replaced by Myrka Dellanos. On February 14, 1994, the show was replaced by a new program called Primer Impacto. By this time, Peimbert left Univision, and was replaced by María Celeste Arrarás joining Dellanos as co-host. In 2002, Barbara Bermudo replaced Maria Celeste a couple of months after Maria had her new child and left the network for Telemundo's Al Rojo Vivo. Fernando del Rincón arrived in 2002. Carmen Dominicci also came to the show in 2002. In 2004, after 10 years on the show, Myrka Dellanos left the program. In 2005 Carmen Dominicci left as well, but she came back from time to time as anchor or reporter. Fernando Del Rincon and Carmen Dominicci left the program in 2008 as a result of allegations made by Dominicci of domestic abuse from Del Rincon. On June 3, 2011 it was announced that Pamela Silva Conde would be joining Primer Impacto, replacing Ilia Calderón who will stay on "Noticiero Univision Edición Nocturna".
Walter Mercado provided the flamboyant astrology predictions for the show. He announced on January 8, 2010 that he and Univision have parted ways after fifteen years. Maria Elena Salinas and Edna Schmidt have both had guests co-hosting duties on the show.
There are various segments in Primer Impacto, the most important are: news of the U.S. and the world, República Deportiva (Sports Republic, now a spin-off weekly program), movies, weather, horoscope (dropped in 2010), curiosities and the main story of the day.
- Pamela Silva Conde – Co-Anchor, (2011–present)
- Jackie Guerrido – Co-Anchor Weather Forecaster (January 9th, 2017–present)
- Michelle Galvan – Co-Anchor, (February 2017–present)
- Natalia Cruz – Co-Anchor Weekends, (2011–present)
- Paola Elorza – Co-Anchor Weather Weekends, (February 2000–present) was in a Cientific Investigative Journalism Boot Camp at M.I.T..
- Verónica Del Castillo – also replaces anchors and have reporting duties from Mexico City.
Former on–air staff
- María Celeste Arrarás - Co-Anchor (1992-2002) Host and managing editor of Al Rojo Vivo con María Celeste
- Myrka Dellanos - Co-Anchor (1992-2004) In 2013, she joined as host and contributor for American-based Hispanic network Estrella TV.
- Carmen Dominicci - Co-Anchor (2002-June 3, 2011) In 2011, she joined as a co-host and correspondent for the "Al Rojo Vivo" news program and joined the special investigative team of Noticias Telemundo.
- Satcha Pretto - Weekend Anchor (July 13, 2006-2011) left the program to become the new News Anchor for Univisions Despierta America.
- Ilia Calderón - (March 2007-June 3, 2011) stay on "Noticiero Univision Edición Nocturna."
- Barbara Bermudo - Co-Anchor (2002-January 5, 2017)
- In the song "Reggaetón Latino" by Don Omar featuring N.O.R.E., Fat Joe, and LDA, in Fat Joe's verse he says "Te van a ver en Primer Impacto por ser tramposo, usted no guapo". (They are gong to see you on Primer Impacto for being a cheater, you are not tough.)
- Los inicios de Primer Impacto
- "Pamela Silva Conde Joins Univision's "Primer Impacto" (in Spanish). Univision. 2011-06-03. Retrieved 2011-06-06.