Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series
|Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series|
|Awarded for||Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series|
|Presented by||Academy of Television Arts & Sciences|
|Currently held by||Rami Malek,
Mr. Robot (2016)
This is a list of winners and nominees of the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series. Beginning with the 18th Primetime Emmy Awards, leading actors in drama have competed alone. However, these dramatic performances included actors from miniseries, telefilms, and guest performers competing against main cast competitors. Such instances are marked below:
- # – Indicates a performance in a Miniseries or Television film, prior to the category's creation.
- § – Indicates a performance as a guest performer, prior to the category's creation.
Winners and nominations
- Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Television Series Drama
- Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series
- Early Emmy ceremonies did not have genre specific acting categories
- "Boone, Mike. "The Emmy List: Here's the Best in Television". The Montreal Gazette. Retrieved July 18, 2014.