Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (April 2015)|
|Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series|
|Awarded for||Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series|
|Presented by||Academy of Television Arts & Sciences|
|Currently held by||Julia Louis-Dreyfus,
This is a list of winners of the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series. Beginning with the 18th Emmys, leading actresses in comedy have competed alone. However, these comedic performances included actresses from miniseries, telefilms, and guest performers competing against main cast competitors. Such instances are marked below.
- # – Indicates a performance in a Miniseries or Telefilm, prior to the category's creation.
- § – Indicates a performance as a guest performer, prior to the category's creation.
Award winners and nominations
- CBS: 26
- NBC: 16
- ABC: 7
- HBO: 4
- Showtime: 2
- Early Emmy ceremonies did not have genre specific acting categories
- Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Television Series Musical or Comedy
- Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series