Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series
|Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series|
|Awarded for||Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama of Series|
|Presented by||Academy of Television Arts & Sciences|
|Currently held by||Uzo Aduba,
Orange Is the New Black (2015)
This is a list of winners of the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series. In early Primetime Emmy Award Emmy ceremonies, the supporting categories were not always genre, or even gender, specific. Beginning with the 22nd Emmys supporting actresses in drama have competed alone. However, these dramatic performances often included actresses from miniseries, telefilms, and guest performers competing against main cast competitors. Such instances are marked below.
- # – Indicates a performance in a Miniseries or Television film, prior to the category's creation.
- § – Indicates a performance as a guest performer, prior to the category's creation.
Winners and nominations
- 4 wins
- Nancy Marchand (3 consecutive)
- 3 wins
- Ellen Corby (2 consecutive)
- 2 wins
- Bonnie Bartlett (consecutive)
- Tyne Daly (for 2 different roles)
- Blythe Danner (consecutive)
- Anna Gunn (consecutive)
- Allison Janney (consecutive)
- Kristy McNichol
- Early Emmy ceremonies did not have genre specific acting categories
- "Nominees/Winners". Retrieved 14 July 2016.