|Look up priming in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Priming may refer to:
- Priming (agriculture), a form of seed planting preparation, in which seeds are soaked before planting
- Priming (immunology), a process occurring when a specific antigen is presented to naive lymphocytes causing them to differentiate either into armed effector cells or into memory cells
- Priming (media), a cognitive process in which media information increases temporarily the accessibility of knowledge units in the memory of an individual
- Priming (microbiology), the effect that nutrients have on the rate of organic matter decomposition.
- Priming (psychology), a process in which the processing of a target stimulus is aided or altered by the presentation of a previously presented stimulus
- Priming (science), a process of cleaning and preparing equipment before experimentation
- Priming (steam locomotive), a harmful condition in which water is carried over from the boiler of a steam locomotive
- Priming (structural) in psycholinguistics, a form of positive priming that induces a tendency to repeat or more easily process a sentence that is similar in structure to one previously presented
- Priming beta-ketosynthase in chemistry, a domain of polyketide synthases with a thiol group on a cysteine side-chain
- The process by which a pump is filled with fluid and made able to operate
- Priming the pump or economic stimulus, attempts to use monetary or fiscal policy to stimulate the economy
- Priming sugar or glucose, a simple monosaccharide found in plants
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Priming.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.