Prince, West Virginia
|Prince, West Virginia|
|Census-designated place (CDP)|
|• Total||2.018 sq mi (5.23 km2)|
|• Land||1.828 sq mi (4.73 km2)|
|• Water||0.190 sq mi (0.49 km2)|
|• Density||57/sq mi (22/km2)|
Prince is a census-designated place (CDP) in Fayette County, West Virginia, United States. As of the 2010 census, its population was 116. Located at an altitude of 1,263 feet (385 m), it is served by an Amtrak station.
The community was named after William Prince, an early settler.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Prince, West Virginia
- Amtrak Stations Prince, WV (PRC), Amtrak, 2008. Accessed 2008-09-14.
- Kenny, Hamill (1945). West Virginia Place Names: Their Origin and Meaning, Including the Nomenclature of the Streams and Mountains. Piedmont, WV: The Place Name Press. p. 508.
|This article about a location in Fayette County, West Virginia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|