Prince Achileas-Andreas of Greece and Denmark
|Born||12 August 2000|
Weill Cornell Medical Center, New York City, New York, U.S.
|Father||Pavlos, Crown Prince of Greece|
|Greek royal family|
Prince Achileas-Andreas of Greece and Denmark (Greek: Αχιλλέας Ανδρέας, born 12 August 2000) is a member of the Greek royal family. He is the second son and third child of Crown Prince Pavlos of Greece and Marie-Chantal Miller. His paternal grandparents are Constantine II of Greece and Anne-Marie of Denmark, who were the last King and Queen of the Hellenes. He is currently third in the line of succession to the former Greek throne.
Achileas was born on 12 August 2000 at Weill Cornell Medical Center in New York City. He was christened in a Greek Orthodox ceremony at St. Sophia's Cathedral in London on 7 June 2001. He grew up in London in 2004, when his family decided to move to England to stay near his paternal grandparents. He was educated at Wellington College in Berkshire. He moved back to New York when his older brother and sister started university. In December 2017, he made a guest appearance on the American television soap opera The Bold and the Beautiful.
Titles and styles
Titles and styles
- 12 August 2000 – present: His Royal Highness Prince Achileas-Andreas of Greece and Denmark
Through paternal descent he is a member of the Greek Royal Family and the Danish Royal Family. Achileas-Andreas's patrilineal great-great-grandfather, Constantine I of Greece, was the son of George I of Greece, whose father was Christian IX of Denmark. As a male-line descendant of Christian IX, he holds the title of Prince of Denmark.
His mother is the daughter of American-born British billionaire Robert Warren Miller and his Ecuadorian wife, Marie Chantal Pesantes. Achileas-Andreas's maternal grandfather descends from passengers on the Mayflower and is connected to the British North American colonial elite. His family claims to descend from Henry I of England, Louis IV of France, and William I of Scotland.
- "Prince Achileas of Greece, 17, makes his acting debut in soap opera The Bold And The Beautiful". news.com.au. 16 December 2017. Retrieved 22 June 2018.
- Marissa Miller (28 September 2017). "15 Young Royals to Know About". Teen Vogue. Retrieved 22 June 2018.
- Debrett's Peerage and Baronetage. 2008. p. 119. ISBN 9781870520805.
- "The New Royals". Paper. Retrieved 29 August 2018.
- "Achileas de Grecia, ¿presenta a su novia?" (in Spanish). ¡Hola! magazine. 12 August 2017. Retrieved 22 June 2018.
- "The Bold and the Beautiful News: HRH Prince Achileas Andreas Made His B&B Debut". 13 December 2017.
- Andrea Tomasi (19 January 2018). "Achileas, un principe alla corte dei Forrester" (in Italian). Vanity Fair. Retrieved 21 June 2018.
- Reitwiesner, William; Otto, Julie. "Some ancestry of the Miller sisters". William Addams Reitwiesner Genealogical Services. Archived from the original on 27 March 2007. Retrieved 21 June 2018.