Prince Arnulf of Bavaria
6 July 1852|
|Died||12 November 1907
|Burial||Theatinerkirche, Munich, Bavaria|
|Spouse||Princess Therese of Liechtenstein|
|Father||Luitpold, Prince Regent of Bavaria|
|Mother||Archduchess Augusta of Austria|
Prince Arnulf of Bavaria (German: Franz Joseph Arnulf Adalbert Maria Prinz von Bayern; 6 July 1852 – 12 November 1907) was a member of the Bavarian Royal House of Wittelsbach and a General of Infantry.
As his older brothers, Arnulf joined the Bavarian army and became a regimental commander, reaching the rank Generaloberst. He fought with the Russian army in the Russo-Turkish War (1877–78) and was present at the Siege of Plevna. From 1892 to 1903 he commanded the First Bavarian Army Corps.
Marriage and family
On 12 April 1882 Arnulf married Princess Therese of Liechtenstein, the daughter of Prince Alois II of Liechtenstein and Countess Franziska Kinsky. The wedding took place in the Palais Liechtenstein in Vienna, Austria. The couple had a son:
- Prince Heinrich of Bavaria (1884–1916)
- "Prince Arnulf of Bavaria", The Times (November 14, 1907): 12.
- "The Funeral of the Queen", The Times (February 4, 1901): 5.
- "Austria", The Times (April 13, 1882): 5.
- Albert I;Museum Dynasticum N° .21: 2009/ n° 2.
- Jirí Louda and Michael MacLagan, Lines of Succession: Heraldry of the Royal Families of Europe, 2nd edition (London: Little, Brown and Company, 1999)
- Konrad Krafft von Dellmensingen and Friedrichfranz Feeser. Das Bayernbuch vom Weltkriege, 1914-1918. Chr. Belser AG, Verlagsbuchhandlung, Stuttgart 1930.
- Die Wittelsbacher: Geschichte unserer Familie. Prestel Verlag, München, 1979.