Prince Boris of Leiningen
17 April 1960 |
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
(m. 1987; div. 1996)
Prince Karl Heinrich
Princess Juliana Elizabeth
|Father||Prince Karl of Leiningen|
|Mother||Princess Marie Louise of Bulgaria|
Prince Karl Boris Frank Markwart of Leiningen (born 17 April 1960) is the elder son of Prince Karl of Leiningen and of his wife, Princess Marie Louise of Bulgaria. As a third great-grandson of Queen Victoria, he is in the line of succession to the Canadian throne.
Boris was born in Toronto, Ontario. He is the grandson of King Boris III of Bulgaria and the great-grandson of King Victor Emmanuel III of Italy. As a descendant of Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom, great-great-great grandson, he is in the line of succession to the British Throne. According to Marlene A. Eilers, Boris of Leiningen belongs to the orthodox creed, which means he is one of rare princely persons with a religiously-unhindered claim to some former monarchies which have eastern orthodox tradition, such as Russia and Bulgaria.
- Prince Nicholas of Leiningen (b. 25 October 1991, Philadelphia).
Boris and Millena were divorced in 1996.
- Prince Karl Heinrich of Leiningen (b. 17 February 2001, Long Branch, New Jersey).
- Princess Juliana Elizabeth Maria of Leiningen (b. 19 September 2003, Long Branch, New Jersey).
Boris is currently Director of Business Development for Massa Montalto Architects in Neptune, New Jersey.
Cheryl has her doctoral degree and is a Professor at Monmouth University, West Long Branch, New Jersey.
Boris is active in cultural events involving the Bulgarian-American community, especially those related to the Holocaust. Boris and Cheryl are active marathon runners. Boris is also an avid motorcyclist.
- Eilers, Marlene A., Queen Victoria’s Descendants, Rosvall Royal Books, Falköping, 1997, 2nd Edition, p. 151
- Eilers, Marlene A., Queen Victoria’s Descendants: Companion Volume, Rosvall Royal Books, Falköping, 2004, p. 50.
- "Romance Does Not Stop Once Race Begins", New York Times, November 4, 2000.
Princess Stephanie of Leiningen
|Line of succession to the British throne
descended from Alfred, son of Victoria
Prince Nicholas of Leiningen
|This article about an American businessperson born in the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of a member of a European royal house is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|