Prince Charles, Edmonton
|• Administrative body||Edmonton City Council|
|• Councillor||Kim Krushell|
|• Total||0.79 km2 (0.31 sq mi)|
|Elevation||673 m (2,208 ft)|
|• Density||1,674.7/km2 (4,337/sq mi)|
|• Change (2009–12)||-2.9%|
The neighbourhood is bounded on the north by the Yellowhead Trail, on the west by 127 Street, on the east by 121 Street, and on the south by 118 Avenue. At the southeast corner of the neighbourhood, 118 Avenue turns south east and becomes Kingsway Avenue.
In the City of Edmonton's 2012 municipal census, Prince Charles had a population of 1,323 living in 673 dwellings, a -2.9% change from its 2009 population of 1,363. With a land area of 0.79 km2 (0.31 sq mi), it had a population density of 1,674.7 people/km2 in 2012.
One residence in eight (12.8%) were constructed, according to the 2001 federal census, before 1946. Seven out of ten (70.6%) were built between 1946 and 1960. The remaining one in six residences (16.5%) were built between 1961 and 1980.
The most common type of residence in the neighbourhood, according to the 2005 municipal census, is the single-family dwelling. These account for four out of every five (79%) of all the residences in the neighbourhood. Almost one out of every five residences (17%) are duplexes. A small proportion of residences (3%) are rented apartments in low-rise buildings with fewer than five stories. Two out of every three residences (64%) are owner-occupied with one out of three residences (36%) being rented.
The population in Prince Charles is somewhat mobile. According to the 2005 municipal census, one resident in six (16.9%) had moved within the previous twelve months. Another one resident in five (18.7%) had moved within the previous one to three years. Two residents in five (43.5%) had lived at the same address for at least five years.
There is a single school in the neighbourhood, Prince Charles Elementary School, operated by the Edmonton Public School System.
- "City of Edmonton Wards & Standard Neighbourhoods" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 3, 2014. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Edmonton Developing and Planned Neighbourhoods, 2011" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Archived from the original (PDF) on September 4, 2013. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "City Councillors". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Neighbourhoods (data plus kml file)". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- "Municipal Census Results – Edmonton 2012 Census". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- "City of Edmonton Maps". City of Edmonton. Retrieved October 13, 2017.
- "Prince Charles Community League". Prince Charles Community League. Retrieved October 13, 2017.
- Kuban, Ron (2005). Edmonton's Urban Villages: The Community League Movement. University of Alberta Press. ISBN 9781459303249.
- "2009 Municipal Census Results". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- Duplexes include triplexes and quadruplexes.